Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation ... When I Return?
I am trying to decide where to take my family after I get back from Afghan. Being away for a year takes a big toll. I have about a month of time ... Any suggestions? My wife doesn't fly. Her parentslive in Idaho on the snake. Or just plain ol Disneyland. Any thoughts Guys & Gals?
[signature]
I would go for the Oregon Coast. You could visit the Grandparents on the way up. Portland has an AWESOME kids museum with tons of cool stuff. The coast is great and has lots of cool beaches to see starfish ansd stuff in tidepools. Great food along the way to. A cool little town is Tillamook. They even have a cheese factory you can take a tour of.
[signature]
[cool][blue]Hey, Bro, I'm from Idaho and have lots of family still up there. If you will be coming back anytime before about the first of July, you might find the rivers and streams tough to fish if there is a lot of runoff. But, if you hit it right, depending on which part you fish, there is some great fishing.[/blue]

[#0000ff]Xman and others have discovered that fishing big jigs on the Snake...down river from PaliSades Dam...can catch big rainbows, cutts and browns. [/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]If you are going anywhere below the Twin Falls area, there is some world class smallmouth fishing. Also lots of channel cats and even some sturgeon. Some of the reservoirs between Boise and Twin Falls produce both largies and smallies. Some of the tournaments up there are won with smallmouth.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]We will all be glad to have you safely back in the USA. Whatever you decide to do, we hope you have a good time and are able to enjoy your family.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yo Clif!!!!!! Vacation is great all along the california coast from sea world to disneyland, to magic mountian, then go up the PCH along the coast for a wonderful scenic ride, and then stop at Mavericks in the Half Moon Bay to witness surfers taking off on 20-30 foot monster waves... then stop in San Francisco for some great eating ( Clam Chowder is fantastic there) then drive through Donner's pass to admire the huge snow walls along the road on the way home to Utah...

By the way, went out to Lindon harbor, they took out the trees on the north end... know anything about that?
[signature]
If fishing is your kind of family vacation then you're lucky. But if your family is like mine then that is the last thing they want to do is watch me fish!

I took my family to a bed a breakfast last summer. It was a good vacation and good family time spent together. No TV, No Radio, Just me and the Family. Hiking, horse back riding, exploring indian ruins, visiting Mesa Verde and crusing around Cortez & Durango areas. We spent a week there had a ball it was all very relaxing and a well deserved rest from the world.

There are lots of B&B's in that area.

I wanted to be fishing but I was in the minority.
[signature]
[#800080][size 2]Cliffie, its a no-brainer. You got kids, go to disneyland. While you're out that what take the little boogers to legoland. Also, you can hit the beach or the San Diego Zoo. There is Universal Studios and a Marinewater park. Play with your kids, if they want to fish let it be there idea.[/size][/#800080]
[signature]
First of all THANK YOU!! I served in the AirForce for almost ten years and I am very proud of our military. Whenever I got back from a deployment my family just wanted to be with me no matter what we did. I would suggest at least a week at home, some alone time with the wife, and then some undivided attention to the children. Vacations are great, but they are also alot of work, sit back, relax, and enjoy your family with a whole bunch of quality time. Maybe some short trips visiting family and friends. Time at home can be just as rewarding when your loved one's have been gone for so long! Once you are seetled back in and back to work, discuss with your family what type of vacation you all would like to have.
[signature]
Go and stay up at Newport, Oregon, on the coast. Stay in the embarcaderro. Fishing and crabbing is excellent. Plus, you have the Oregon Coast Aquarium, Riplies, the Wax works and under seas garden all right in town. I'll be up there again at the end of next July/beginging of August. I wouldn't recomend anywhere ealse on earth.
[signature]
Come on out to SoCal. I'll hook you up with some good fishing spots. You'll be able to fish your bass off out here. I have an extra float tube if you want to go tubing. I live about 45 minutes from Disneyland and 30 minutes south from a good freshwater lake or 30minutes to the west for some good salt action.[cool]
[signature]
Hey tubeN2

I'm in So. Cal right now working here from Utah and would love to catch some fish while I'm here. Can you hook-me up ??? I'm in the LA area. Have been here since Oct and will probably be here until May. Let me know
[signature]
Cliff, head down to southern calif. lots of things to see and do. sea world is one great place for the kids.

my kids just loved sea world. talk to you later chuck
[signature]
Just wanted to say thanks as well. As for as vacations go I would stay close to home in Idaho. The Tetons, The Sawtooths, The Salmon River, The Snake even the Bear River. What more could I guy ask for![cool]
[signature]