Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch...again, better than ever!
Headed back up to Panguitch over the long Labor Day weekend. Spent a full day up there, and once again...it did not disappoint! Large BH Pheasant tails were the ticket, floating them shallow in the weed beds. I sometimes went with the hopper/dropper, but mostly avoided having the hopper on as it would get more tangled in the crapola than a simple indicator...and they hit the dropper so fast that the hopper rarely got eaten. Every little pocket of open water between the weeds was full of fish. Hits came immediately upon landing, and were ferocious! Bows and Tigers would come flying 5' out of the water instantaneously...it was everything I had to keep them from getting off in all the crapola! Come evening, an epic spinner hatch occurred to the point I couldn't even breath...luckily I had my face shield. Funnest 2 hrs of fly fishing I've experienced in a long time! If the fishing could get any hotter and faster, it did....the size average went up as well. Every fish during those final 2 hrs were approaching, or well over 20". I can honestly say I had close to a 100 fish day. I was plum wore out! This old shoulder and wrist were feeling it! lol! One for the books fellas....I will rest a short time, and get back up there. Incredible!
[signature]
Awesome report! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great time.
[signature]
What a great report and an epic day!

Were you fishing from a boat or tube or bankin' it?
[signature]
Awesome!!! Doesn't get much better than that!!
[signature]
[quote Hikinandfishin]What a great report and an epic day!

Were you fishing from a boat or tube or bankin' it?[/quote]

Thanks Bro...fished from the toons. [cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the report! I have wanted to get down there since your last one, and this makes me even more motivated. Hope to give it a try soon.
[signature]
[quote _6x_]Thanks for the report! I have wanted to get down there since your last one, and this makes me even more motivated. Hope to give it a try soon.[

You bet ya...hope you can make it down, great fishery!
[signature]
Wow! Nice work, thank you for sharing
[signature]
Richyd: Check your pm's.
[signature]