Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Detonator
Been awhile since I have been on board here. Hubby Retired this year first of June so we spent the entire summer in Idaho right next to the little Blackfoot River and the Blackfoot Res.
We have a trailer up there, and have a boat slip so every day was fishing of some kind.
Boats were left in the water all summer with checking air level once a week.
We have the two man NFO Dave Scadden Contender rigged with 9.8 Gas motor and electric in front.
BUT, the boat I would like to talk about is the DETONATOR LOW PRO X
https://www.davescaddenpaddlesports.com/...r-r-series

They are smaller diameter pontoons for less wind resistance. The Drop Stitched seat area will feel solid. Same material used in the floor of his boats and the Stand Up Paddle Boards. A tough as heck. Boat weighs under 30 lbs and 9' long. This ol girl could carry it.
Then to top it off, it can be deflated and rolled up small enough to fit in a Duffle bag I bought at Recreation Outlet.
It also has a built in motor mount, and a Skeg under it for rivers. It comes with the cloth seat but I use the optional molded plastic.
Great boat, and will last many many years.
[signature]

[signature]
[#0000FF]Congrats...on the retirement, the summer full of fishing and the cool ride. Wondered where you had wandered off to.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I will be Utah fishing Nov. The lil red boat is fun.
[signature]
Thanks, Flygoddess. I always enjoy, and have learned from your posts. I have the older version of the Detonator. Mine is the Renegade. Love the boat. I prefer rowing. Have small aluminum boats if I want/need a motor.

The seat on the Detonator and the harder surface it is mounted on make it superior to the older Renegade. But I'll keep using (and enjoying) the Renegade for as long as it lasts.

Thanks again for the informative post.
[signature]
I like the electric motor. But rowing and kicking work. I still have my Fuzion which was the proto type to the Detonator. I also still have the Assault. and a Preditor and the Carbon.those are at home in SLC. Being in Idaho for 6 months and right next to Blackfoot res. The Detonator XL and the Contender with inflatable keel works great with 9.8 gas motor and 55 max electric on front is a great all around boat.
[signature]