Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle from Shore 9/14
I fished Jordanelle from shore Saturday, in one of the west side bays accessible with a bit of a walk. On the walk in I caught a handful of grasshoppers in the tall grass to use for bait. At the lake I saw several Kokanee surfacing and even jumping out of the water. Kind of cool.

I tried worms, grasshoppers, powerbait, lures, jigs with soft plastics. Tried fishing on the bottom, under a bobber, behind a clear empty bubble, mid column with a filled bubble. I caught about 20 dinky perch, and kept most for fish tacos and catfish bait. Most of the perch were caught on a worm under a bobber, but also caught some on a worm fished on the bottom.

I also caught a couple of smallmouth bass, one each on worm under a bobber and grasshopper behind a clear bubble. I kept one smallmouth to augment the take for tacos. I eventually hooked a nice 16” rainbow on a grasshopper, but let him go.

No hits on several lures, jigs, curly tails, etc.

The most interesting part of the day was when I noticed a small snake approaching my stringer of fish. He went right up to the one closest to shore and attacked it, biting it, and pulling it out of the water. I was able to get a picture and a short video, attached below. I’m guessing this little guy would have had a hard time eating even a dink perch, but it was kind of cool to watch.
[signature]

jack of all tackle, master of none
Sounds like a decent day. Always nice when you can take dinner home. That snake looks pretty cool would have been fun to see.
[signature]
Good to see a bank tangler get into some solid action. With my boat still in rebuild phase, I have spent a lot if time on solid ground. You give us hope for good days ahead.
[signature]
I was out on Sunday in my kayak near Rockcliff. There were Kokanee jumping straight out of the water. It was pretty neat to watch. I only managed a couple of dink smallies but it was still fun. Glad you had a good day.
[signature]