Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The wife's moose hunt.
So happy my wife was able to harvest her bull yesterday morning, it wasn't the biggest bull on the mountain, but with medical condition having COPD and on oxygen 100% of the time she is severely restricted to what she can do. Our hunt was held to cruising the mountains in our UTV, glassing and calling. Yesterday morning it paid off as we had this bull show himself in the oak brush at 800 yards, I kept a few cow calls going and he headed our way. I hurried to get her set up on a camp chair in some brush set up her gun in the new Bog Pod Death Grip tripod and her 30-06 hoping for a shot inside 100 yards. After about 15 minutes of me calling and raking some brush he stepped out at 65 yards, the rest is history, a 1 shot kill dropping him within 35 yards which was 20 feet from the 2 track we were on.
[signature]
That is really really dang cool!!!! Way to get it done in spite of some challenges. I respect the heck out of that lady for getting it done. That is a beautiful moose and a memory for a lifetime. Moose steaks all winter!!!!!! Congrats
[signature]
Thanks she is so happy, I'm guessing he is probably a 3 year old but will know more when we get the tooth sample results back from Fish & Game.It was also great that 3 of our 4 children were there to help mom celebrate her hunt.
[signature]
Congrats to your wife Pete, getting any bull to come in that close is quite the accomplishment.
[signature]
Nice moose, contrats, Good job on getting in close and by the road is the best part.
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
Thanks, all the stars had to be aligned right for this to come together. I bought a call from primos and it sounded like garbage so I started practicing with my own vocal cords while watching video clips of calling moose on You Tube, I guess I sounded like a cow in heat for this bull, anyway it worked. Much more satisfaction calling him in with my own voice.
[signature]
Thank You, she was so happy, especially when she knows her hunting days are coming to an end. We have muzzle loader deer tags which start on Sept. 25th.
[signature]
Hopefully you can get her in on a nice buck,
[signature]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
That is such great news Pete, Glad it all came together for her and the family to be there with her. Congrats to you all!
[signature]
Thanks Mark, she was so happy.
[signature]
That is so wonderful. She is truly special and has lots of courage. Good for her. She didnt let the bastard win for sure. And good on you for making it all come together. Family like this make our country the greatest. Good on you.
[signature]
Awesome job on getting her onto the moose, it takes a lot work and dedication to make those types of hunts work [cool]
[signature]
Wow, you called it in on your own, that's pretty amazing. I have seen some of those shows on hunting in Alaska for moose and seen people do that but when I got my moose in 1989, it wasn't something I was even considering. That would be something to be able to call one in like that.
[signature]
Congratulations to your wife.

It looks like a good time especially if the whole family is there to enjoy it.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Great job buddy! So happy you were able to help Brenda get it done!
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
To heck with the size of it, that's a beautiful bull. And the memories, oh, the memories!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Good luck tomorrow buddy. Hope you can get Brenda on one.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Congratulations to Brenda and you on the moose hunt, Paul showed me the pictures,
she' a strong willed women, of coarse I new that already, has to be living you with you all these years, you old fart[Wink], we need to get together this year ice fishing, seriously its been along time, we ain't getting no younger or prettier, and I truly enjoyed the many times we chased the finned creatures together, I am available anytime you are. I am also eager to hear your cow moose in heat call, maybe we can you tube it.[Wink]
[signature]
I would like to make a return trip to Cascade this winter if you are interested. I have 2 goose hunts planned to WY the first and last week's of Jan. so I will have to work around them and you never know about the funky weather conditions at cascade that time of year.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Congrats to Lady B. And kudos to her great guide.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Good to see you on the water at Willard. After you told me about the moose I just hadda check it out on this board. Glad I did. Good stuff.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]