Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trophy Canadian Pike fishing trip
To pike fly-fishermen,

I've been invited to do a "Fly-fishing Week" at Tate Island Lodge on Reindeer Lake, Saskatchewan. It's under new management, and they’ve gone to great lengths to update and modernize it. I fished Reindeer three times back in the late 90's, and I caught my first two IGFA record pike there, just two days apart. I returned last year and in a week, took 27 trophy pike (40” or longer) on flies—one a new IGFA tippet class record, and the largest 28.5 pounds. I missed a couple that were over 50” and in the 30+ pound range. I love Reindeer, and managed to catch about 300 fish on flies, with probably 1/3 of them exceeding 12# I took my fly away from anything much smaller than 8 lbs.

So, I'm excited to be going back. The dates are June 20 - 28 - eight days of fishing. I will be hosting the week for any interested fly-fishermen - beginners and experts welcome - and supplying everyone who comes with a signed copy of my book, Toothy Critters Love Flies, 6 of my deadly pike flies, and spools of nylon leader & knot-able bite-tippet leader wire - a $100 value. For those interested in variety, they also have Arctic grayling, walleye, and great lake trout fishing. I’ll be available at the lodge for any questions you may have about catching pike on a fly, and we’ll have some evening fly-tying sessions.

The lodge provides a charter plane from Winnipeg to Lynn Lake, and then a float plane to the lodge. You can view their web site at: https://tateislandlodge.ca. You'll overnight in Winnipeg on June 19, and make the early AM transfer to the airport on the 20th, and you may be able to catch flights home on the afternoon of the 28th.

Feel free to contact me - pikeflyguy@aol.com - with questions or to sign up. Space is limited to a dozen anglers, so make reservations early.

George A Bernstein
The Pike Fly Guy
pikeflyguy@aol.com
[signature]