Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salvelinus fontinalis
I noticed that I finally became a game fish the other day instead of just bait. My only question is why is the noble Brook Trout lower on the totem pole than say a Yellow Perch!?[unimpressed][Wink]

FM
[signature]
dang that is one big brookie... where did it come from?

joe
[signature]
A beautiful fish too! It's definitely in spawning colors. I catch them like that in the High Uintahs backpacking in July. Most of them that look like that are in the streams. You can catch plenty of 10 inch fish even in a stream that is only 1 foot deep and 2 feet wide! Brookies are one of the most beautiful trout there are!
[signature]
Absolutely beautiful fish. Nice background with the rocks and what character that broken rod adds to the scene. Thanks for sharing that one[Smile]!
[signature]
Beautiful Brookie!
[signature]
Thanks for the complements guys. I think a colored up Brookie is the most beautiful fish around. I'm not sure if I want to advertise where I caught him (unless you want to trade a trip) because it was a small lake with a small population of fish but I will say that there are a few places in the Uintas where you might catch one like him. There are two kinds of Brook Trout lakes. The first one has lots of small fish the other has just a few bigger fish. It all depends on how many fish there are for the food that is available. In places where they can reproduce well there will be lots of small hungry Brookies. If they can't reproduce then the limited number of fish that were stocked have a chance to grow up if the lake is productive.

FM
[signature]
Nice fish. I wouldn't say where you caught that if it is near Salt Lake. Care to fill us in how much it weighted.
[signature]
I don't know how much, just had time for the picture and let him go.

FM
[signature]