Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat weight
I wonder if anyone could give me a guesstimate on what my boat/motor/trailer weighs. I think the hull is right at 1000 pounds but don't have any solid idea what the motor and trailer weigh. It's a 17'5" Tracker with a 90 hp Mercury. I'll take it to the feed store and weigh it someday but am just curious in the meantime.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I have a 2007 Alumacraft Navigator 165 Sport that has a hull weight of 1,050 lbs, with a 90 hp Mercury Optimax. With motors, gear, fuel, trailer, etc., I am right at 2,500 lbs.
[signature]
Thanks, that's just what I was guessing but I was hoping for less. I have a small SUV that has a 1500 pound towing limit and I'm trying to figure out if I could use it to manipulate the boat around the yard and driveway, not really tow with it. My wife would kill me if I broke the springs or something [crazy] but a loong wheelbase pickup makes it hard to maneuver. It's funny, but she doesn't want it kept on the lawn all winter.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

You will be fine. I can't imagine that the Tongue weight would be heavy enough to break the springs on your suv. I just wouldn't take it out on the highway and go 80 mph with it.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.