Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing spot ?
wich resivoir is doing the best latley ROCKPORT, ECHO, JORDENELLE, or deercreek.?

i am planning on going up somewere this weekend
[signature]
All I know is I heard that Deer Creek was really slow. Don't know about the others.
[signature]
All three are doing well if you find the right spot, away from the pressure of the crowds. Perch at all three are eager in the early morning and slow a bit by 11:00 but still are active somewhat. Fish right on the bottom and go to deeper water it you have not found them. All standard lures with wax or meal worm work. A wire indicator on the tip of your rod will help a lot.[Light hits] I would look for the best ice with no slush if possible.DKS
[signature]
I think that if u want to catch big perch head to jordanelle. but if you want numbers head to echo.
but one thing that i have noticed this year is that the trout fishing is best at rockport, but they are small. i only catch one or two per trip at echo, but they are all much bigger, like 16-24inches. compaired to the 10-16 inchers at rockport, i like echo more.
good luck
JOe
[signature]
Neither of them are doing as good as the Berry!!! unless you have to keep all your fish, but catching alot of big cuts is way more fun than a bunch of measly little perch.
[signature]
Lately i have been doing better in the evening than in the morning for perch at Echo and Jordanelle. I still have yet to catch a perch out of Rockport. The perch we were catching out of Echo were healthy fish. Rather than the hit and miss at Jordanelle on big perch.
[signature]