Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield DWR Netting
[quote fishskibum]i dont see it
i dont know any of these give up fishing because a body of water isnt producing
i dont know many people who give up skiing on those years were not bless with at or above average snowfall or if one resort experiances changes
i started fishing scofield in the late 90's after the bomber hard fighting og tripliod bows all
got hooked and cooked for a lake filled with head shaking lame fighting slot cutties
and american land and leisure hired people i dont want to give money too
and cause the tigger troots are cools
[.IMG][url "https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/skifishbum/fish%2015/IMG_3039_zpsezkscqia.jpg[/IMG]"]https://i5.photobucket.com/...psezkscqia.jpg[/IMG][/url]
[.IMG][url "https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/skifishbum/fish%2015/IMG_2988_zpsgdgrztvl.jpg[/IMG]"]https://i5.photobucket.com/...psgdgrztvl.jpg[/IMG][/url]
its a pretty setting and at the time staffed with friendlier more knowledable empoyees
same with my reasons for going to currant creek instead of the berry
some people only measure their fishing experiances in catch rates, of the fish that they want to catch
nttiawwi
but im stoked on the route they dnr took
a high alpine lake thats gots troots wipers and i aint gotta spend my thousands of casts for my muskalunge with the pineview penis extenention power peeps playing the god awful music to loud with way too much thunder bass
the old guy and the dog in the drifty listening to jj cale throwing flies will be having a better fishing experiance reguardless if he gits em
and ill probably stop and buy coffee gas smokes and beverages at the gas station
much like i used to[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]WTF language is this dude speaking. I don't think there is a decoder ring anywhere on this planet that can decipher that.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Okay, bum, I'm not entirely sure what to say to you at this point. You are irritating a lot of our members and I have been told by one that he will be staying off the forum because of your attacks. You really need to moderate yourself. In case you don't know what that means I've copied and pasted some info from a dictionary. Please do your best to apply what you read here. If you really don't understand what the concerns are you may PM me.

mod·er·ate
adjective
/ˈmäd(əWinkrət/
average in amount, intensity, quality, or degree.
"we walked at a moderate pace"
Similar:
average
modest
medium
(plain) vanilla
reasonable
within reason
acceptable
nonexcessive
within due limits
abstemious
temperate
restrained
controlled
sober
steady
regular
not given to excesses
easy
even
mild
tolerant
lenient
Opposite:
outrageous
unreasonable
immoderate
noun
/ˈmäd(əWinkrət/
a person who holds moderate views, especially in politics.
verb
/ˈmädəˌrāt/
make or become less extreme, intense, rigorous, or violent.
"I shall not moderate my criticism"
Similar:
die down
abate
let up
calm down
lessen
grow less
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You forgot to mention he should be writing in English.
[/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[quote dubob]WTF language is this dude speaking. I don't think there is a decoder ring anywhere on this planet that can decipher that.[/size][/#800000][/font][/quote]

Yes there is. I have one. It's the same one I got for use with Cliff. I had to go steal it back from TuberDuder......He doesn't realize yet that I got it back...
[signature]
[quote catchinon]Okay, bum, I'm not entirely sure what to say to you at this point. You are irritating a lot of our members and I have been told by one that he will be staying off the forum because of your attacks. You really need to moderate yourself. [/quote]

I don't know skibum. I also don't know who's leaving the forums due to attacks.

What I do know is that I haven't read anything that warrants this warning from a moderator -- and I've been banned enough times to know where the limits are.

Just because this guy knows how to get under the skin of a few members doesn't warrant running him off. His posts have been refreshing -- something new, and different with plenty of what we all come to this forum to see: pictures of fish.

I'm on the side of the fence that whoever is being "irritated" and whoever is getting their feelings hurt and is leaving -- they need to grow some skin. No participation trophies.

these are the seasons of emotion,
and like the winds, they rise and fall.

“If you look at the guys in the '70s, like Led Zeppelin, they had bigger planes than we do, they had more money. But they weren't singing about it.”
-- Lenny Kravitz
[signature]
[#0000FF]I'm witchoo on dis wun. Or however that should go. We are not always in total agreement but on this one we is.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I was the first one to "encounter" this new member and we had a temporary "getting acquainted" period. But I quickly realized the guy has some serious skills in fishing and photography...even if his "style" of expression is a tad to the left of "normal"...whatever that is.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]At least he is sharing some great moments and great pictures. Far more than some of the whiners and complainers.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I vote no on "impeachment".
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I agree. We all express ourselves in different ways. Its our diversity that makes life worth living. If we all just marched in lock step, where's the fun in that? I am an old cowboy who lives far from town and people. I am set in my ways and, more and more, I have little use for people in general. But I appreciate Fishskibum's humor and his zest for life. I'd share a campfire with him any evening. Maybe we all ought'a not be so dang quick to judge others and do a little more work minding our own biscuits. Hell, if folks post something ya don't like or agree with, DONT CLICK ON THE THREAD>[Wink]
[signature]
I am a lurker not much of a poster. I like the bum. Hope I run into him at Willard with my whippy stick some day!![fishon]
[signature]
[quote catchinon]Okay, bum, I'm not entirely sure what to say to you at this point. You are irritating a lot of our members and I have been told by one that he will be staying off the forum because of your attacks. You really need to moderate yourself. In case you don't know what that means I've copied and pasted some info from a dictionary. Please do your best to apply what you read here. If you really don't understand what the concerns are you may PM me.

mod·er·ate
adjective
/ˈmäd(əWinkrət/
average in amount, intensity, quality, or degree.
"we walked at a moderate pace"
Similar:
average
modest
medium
(plain) vanilla
reasonable
within reason
acceptable
nonexcessive
within due limits
abstemious
temperate
restrained
controlled
sober
steady
regular
not given to excesses
easy
even
mild
tolerant
lenient
Opposite:
outrageous
unreasonable
immoderate
noun
/ˈmäd(əWinkrət/
a person who holds moderate views, especially in politics.
verb
/ˈmädəˌrāt/
make or become less extreme, intense, rigorous, or violent.
"I shall not moderate my criticism"
Similar:
die down
abate
let up
calm down
lessen
grow less[/quote]
Whats goin on?
jus so you knows I aint here to make everybody happy or promote me
need anyone following me subscribing to or bother reading a damn thing I say
in the form of typing it my way.

and ya know maybe wettin a line or sharing a camp fire in irl with interesting peoples somethin I use the internet for to weeds out wastin time with ones that aint gonna jive

im pretty sure who needs a whambaulance even with my expired emt
cause I think he and my pops may have shared a profession I went back and edited a couple posts to soften
what I wouldn't even consider an attack [insert definition of attack here]
im not removing the pictures of me standing on a peak in denali np I skinned up cause that's the coolest place and trip ive been blessed to the doin of such things
nor the 2nd walleye I got to eat the fly
nor any other parts nor cares if he or anybody fishes in a new e-pond
I already knew tube dude caught a lot of fish and he coulda just portaged or sat on the bank in that thread and yeah I checked his posts to make sure he wasn't a
guide or pro skier or could row
other than sorry you got butthurt
all I can do to fix that problem
and the other that called me an a- hole well yeah
my friend will tell ya that
I can only hope the add a couple nice adjectives in front of it
thread needs
more wipers
[Image: IMG_3624_zpsv2b9m1ak.jpg]
less
[Image: 0720192053_HDR_zpsurmbjgp4.jpg]
[signature]
[quote fishskibum]Whats goin on?
jus so you knows I aint here to make everybody happy [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That's a very good thing, because you definitely don't.[/size][/font][/#800000]

or promote me[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Really? I never would have guessed. If not that, then exactly what is it you are here to promote?[/size][/font][/#800000]
[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]
[/size][/font][/#800000]
need anyone following me [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I damn sure won't be doing that.[/size][/font][/#800000]

subscribing to [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Or that![/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
or bother reading a damn thing I say [font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]For sure I'm done doing that going forward.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]
[/size][/#800000][/font]
in the form of typing it my way. [#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]And it sucks; big time![/size][/font][/#800000][/quote]

[#800000][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If any of the rest of you find 'bum' amusing, then have at it. IMHO he is on some sort of an ego trip. This is a fishing website and all forms of fishing expertise are welcome. There aren't any bad fishing styles. Insinuating that styles other than your preferred style are less than honorable is insulting. I'm hoping that when the new site design is up and running, there is a 'block' or 'ignore' function to make his posts not appear at all when I open a thread. Y'all take care and tight lines; I'm done with this thread and this subject. [/size][/font][/#800000]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[url]https://youtu.be/pWdd6_ZxX8c
[/url]
and feel free to think i forgot a Winky bobber emoji or recalibrate yur sarcasm meter
or belive everything you read on the interwebs true
and/or continue to hate those who are not like you
23 years residing here has enlightened me to such
[signature]
[#0000FF]Seems like you have thick skin. Good deal. Some folks just don't tolerate diversity well. If you don't run down their set of tracks you don't rate.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]You already know you operate on a different level than most on this board. And when you are different you will have both followers and haters. When you go to play on a new playground there will always be kids who gotta try to put you in your place and bully you. But they can't unless you let 'em.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I gotta chuckle when I read your rhetoric. So far you have gotten away with a few "subtle" terms and references that seem to have sailed right over the heads of the moderators. Not all of us have large vocabularies...nor are we "cunning linguists". Loved that one.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
[quote TubeDude][#0000FF] So far you have gotten away with a few "subtle" terms and references that seem to have sailed right over the heads of the moderators.
[/#0000FF][/quote]
I noticed them as well but since I don't moderate on this board, I left them to the mods to edit, I guess they chose not to take action, although Craig did make comments. Things will be changing soon and edits will happen at that point but until then, it is what it is. I agree with your comments about fishskibum but some members are just not as tolerate as others, without a doubt we are all different and that is not always a bad thing.
[signature]
I can think of no other medium where I am free to ignore, simply not read or differ when I choose to engage.
All the talk of decoder rings should remind us older members that we don't all deliver our thoughts or experiences on Paper equally. Some may write with a flare or style or lack Thereof, These traits are associated with the author, SImply Don't Read his work if it is too distracting for you. Others may actually enjoy the decipher challenge.
[signature]
You hit the nail on the head Mike.
[signature]
Thanks. I made my last post in order to let everyone know that we moderators are on the job.

Fishskibum: If you've kept track you will remember I was one of your earliest defenders, so don't count me your enemy. I love playing the devil's advocate, don't you? [cool] I just ask you to avoid anything that verges on rude, lewd, or crude, if you catch my drift. Carry on.

TD: I may have missed one but I catch most everything. As I'm sure you know, ignoring something and making no comment is sometimes best.

All: As far as I know not one word has been deleted or changed. Jeff, I, et al, are aware and watching. By definition, moderators are people who "get in the middle" not unlike referees or umpires. We try to make sure that no one throws a low blow or spits on anyone, or bites an ear off. And like umps we sometimes get booed and disagreed with. But I'm telling you, it's a pretty boring job--just not much to do. (Plus I get to read a lot of things I'm just not much interested in, though I do learn a lot.) For me, I'm pretty liberal and tolerant--no harm, no foul. I just don't tolerate people being mean and hurting others.

Also, I feel about this issue like I say to people who move to Utah and start whining and complaining about the culture, etc.: Nobody made you come here; you can leave if you want, but deal with it.

Vive la difference, or however those Frenchies express it.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]

TD: I may have missed one but I catch most everything.

[/quote]

How can one ever be sure?
[signature]
I know, right? I grew up near Mesa Verde National Park. One tourist asked a Ranger "How many undiscovered ruins are there in the Park." Things that make you say "hmmm."
[signature]

as one of them blue crew liberal treehuggin do good lefties but not a whiner
ive heard that native esque quote before
a lot
and im not quite sure the peoples whose land and culture got #manifestdestinyed and replaced by anothers had such options or anyone listened if they said it
Sure isn't going to work well as a tourism mentality either
shouldn't we be encouraging people to enjoy our pretty damn good outdoor recreation opportunities, world class national parks, and growing art and musical cultural scene and food and beverage diversities?
seems like there'd be some opportunity for gainful employment maybe some potential financial gains to be had
Being able to showcase our home in games of the XIX Olympiad hosts didn't happen with a if ya don't like it leave attitude did it now?
whether you put that in the W column I don't care
I do
and im putting the loss of OR in the L one
that kinda money matters
Cultures changing
has been since I got here whether you want to get out of the new road or help lend a hand
its happening and will continue reguardless
Diversity is a blessing
as to my destiny to migration from the IL
you can blame Mr Miller (sip) Warren
and a few simple words
"If you don't do it next year
Youll only be a year older when you do"
[signature]