Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flig School Invite
My wife says we are interested. Depending on work schedules by then.
[signature]
Bryce Lowder
I do what the voices in my wife's head tell me to.
ALL - sounds like there is enough interest to start to firm up a plan. I am thinking Tues, Nov 19th. "Meet an Munch" starting around 6 with TDs song and dance shortly thereafter (6:30ish) until he is done, or everyone leaves, whichever comes first.

I am open to a differnt date that week, if someone really wants to come , but a tues wont work for ya.

TD is going to help with sharing more specifics (like a map to my place) when we get a bit closer.

As noted I will add a new post closer to the date as a reminder. Look forward to the education and socialization.

Cheers
[signature]
Nice of you to off up your Home. I would be interested to attend as one of the Curious group. When time gets closer, will you or Tube Dude give a list of what supplies we may need?
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue
[#0000FF]You will need to bring nothing to the first session. But something to take notes might be helpful. I will bring all of my stuff and introduce each item as I go along. You can make notes or refer to the writeup I have put together on Making Fligs. I am attaching a copy here, but it will be undergoing some updates and revisions. Hail progress...or to hail with it.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Here is a brief list of the materials I will be using.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Foam sheets...high density EVA foam. 1" and 1.5"[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Asst. drill bits for cutting foam plugs.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Drill and rotary tool...for cutting and shaping plugs.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Razor blades or other sharp blades for cutting foam[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Super glue for securing hooks inside foam[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Hooks...plain and with tails.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Tail material, thread and fly tying vise[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Paints: white, yellow chartreuse, green chartreuse,[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF] bright green, hot orange, hot red, black[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Glitters: white, silver, blue, disco yellow[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]Finishes: Clear gloss, UV final coat[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]For those who decide to ease (or jump) into making their own stuff, we can hold follow up meetings or group workshops...or you can visit my playroom for one-on-one advanced tutorials. A lot of the questions that develop as you go along can be easily answered by PMs and/or photos.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]It ain't rocket science but it does take a bit of basic manual dexterity and creativity. My earliest attempts were VERY crude but the fish still voted for them. That encouraged me to keep doing better.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
so far that's good on my schedule, lets party.
[signature]

I can host it ANY day of the week of Nov 18th. Likley later afternoon to early evening would be best - my vacation time runneth thin.

.[/quote]
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday's is football, I don't leave my house that day.
[signature]
What a great offer from TubeDude and Cowboypirate. I would love to attend. I don't know yet what that day will look like but will try to keep it open. I will make sure to confirm if I can so you know how many are coming.
[signature]
Sounds like a great evening to attend, I plan on being there, been along time since I have made my own jigs.
[signature]
Would love to be there but we won't be back from Indiana till about the 20th or 21th.
If you guys postpone to a later date I would love to hear and come.

Like to learn plus get to meet some of the people on here.
[signature]
I'm still in play and will know more when actual time arrives. [fishon]
[signature]