Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Upgrade, rod holder and fish finder advice
I like the images on the Lowrance better. I have both mounted on my boat and either one has Ipilot capability. Routing the cables was pretty simple. On my boat you can loosen the side panel screws using a square driver, some may be phillips. I recommend using a transducer mounting board when you replace the transducer. The trolling blade will work similar to a hydrofoil. My trolling motor is 12v with only one battery. I keep it charged with a 2 bank battery charger that I installed under the console. It only charges the trolling battery after the main battery is fully charged. My trolling motor came with a foot controller. I added a wireless remote to it so I can control it with a FOB.
Rod Holders: Boat came with Bass pro shop holders that were a POS. I have since used FishON, Cabelas quick draw, and BroCraft holders. All would be ok for trout, bass, or catfish. They are made of composite material. I fish for 300-400 lb. sturgeons now and have upgraded to stainless steel rod holders after seeing three rod holders broken and torn from the boat.
[signature]
Good fishing to all.   Hue

Messages In This Thread
Re: [fly_fishing_nut] Boat Upgrade, rod holder and fish finder advice - by BURLEY - 10-29-2019, 02:38 AM