Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Challenge 2019-2020 interest level
Hey no worries! I can’t wait to get out on the ice!!
[signature]
Sign me up!
[signature]
Done. Good to have you back for another season of the Ice Fishing Challenge. I've added you and everyone else that has replied to this post. Visit the Utah Contest board for this years' rules and guidelines.
[signature]
Thanks Ron I’m excited to get on the ice and start chasing a new high for me species count. Love to catch over a dozen this year. But I’ve got to start early to find my Brookie and tiger trout. I just about filled one full category in each panfish last year. I may need some white bass help this year. So maybe I’ll trade a crappie trip for a white bass trip. Better see if I can find the crappie first though. Thanks again for all your hard work on this so we can have some fun. Later Jeff
[signature]
Cole (ELOC) and I will be in again. Look out- got the Snowdog in our arsenal now!! Jeff, we might need to join you on one of those Henry’s trips now we got ice wheels.
[signature]
Sounds good for a trip up north. I sure enjoy those fish up there and I’d love to see the dog in action. I’ll bet you’ll enjoy that. How heavy are they? I’m thinking they are probably lighter than a snowmobile so probably good to use them around 4-5” of ice. That would be nice because by the time the ice is thick enough for sleds the fishing has usually dropped off. I’ll let ya know when we try a trip up north. Later Jeff
[signature]
Count Cookie and I in the mix. Not sure I can get her on the ice, but wasn't sure I get her to marry me either, stranger things have happened
[signature]
It’s about 300 pounds. With a 60”x20” track the weight would be pretty distributed out. Probably safer than 200 pounds on legs. Although I don’t ever tred out on thin ice, kinda freaks me out. I’m excited to see how the dog works too. Gotta be better than dragging my overloaded sled by hand. I would have gotten a snowmobile, but storage and transport were prohibitive.
[signature]
Understand Bob, but you're always welcome to join us on the ice.... Been fun to meet up in the past and partake of your jerky and company... Did you end up getting the new tent? Hope if you did that you will enjoy yours as much as I have mine... See you on the hard deck... J
[signature]
Now I'm really looking forward to see what you two/three do this season... After your accomplishments from shore, I think you'll be a force to be reckoned with in the contest... Best of Luck and hopefully we'll hit the same pond the same day so we can chew the fat for a while... Later Jeff
[signature]
Last Friday was the last Fishable day on Henry's. Saturday and Sunday was way to windy to fish - Windy like the ocean.

Sure was nice on Friday - my son even made a video.

https://youtu.be/1gDI2oUXwjU
[signature]
I think that will be really fun for ice fishing. Will pass on a little Henry info tomorrow sorry I’m froze tonight from the trunk or treat. Need my wife to do ice fishing costumes on a year like this. I would have been in great shape in my ice duds. Later Jeff
[signature]
I seen your report on the Idaho board it looks fun. Hit it just right before the end. I thought about going up that day but ended up building my fence. I’m Sad I missed the last boat day but really glad I don’t have to build that fence in the cold. Thanks Jeff
[signature]
Im in.....my favorite time of year.
[signature]
Great to have you join us. Isn't ice season the best? So much fun to try your skills against the fish one on one... Reminds me of archery hunting in a tree stand, up close and personal... Good luck and have fun this year... Jeff
[signature]
Count me in guys. The ice is not too far off. The creek in Range Creek already has 4 inches of ice. I would have replied sooner but I was down at Lake Powell helping with the fall gill netting. It was cold enough I thought we might be able to ice fish at Red Canyon on Tuesday.

Mike
[signature]
Sign me up just in case I get out a few times. Put catslayer down to as he will be probably going with me on my adventures.
[signature]
I was wondering why you hadn't signed up. When I looked at last year's list of contestants it seemed that half of them hadn't re-upped, so if they do join us we may have a few more than last year. I'll feel better saying I got 15th out of 25 than 15th out of 20!
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Hey Mike we will do, glad to have you with us again. I think up our way this is a false start. I think a couple days like yesterday and it will clear off again, but it’s got to make things ready to freeze come the first part of December. Thanks for joining in. Jeff
[signature]
Hey Justin we’ll get you and your son on the list and I sure hope you can have some fun on the ice this winter. Later Jeff
[signature]