Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contour Map Help
Where do you guys get your contour maps for lakes around Utah and Idaho, also do any of you have any apps you can use or websites to look up? I'm having trouble finding maps for some of the lakes I fish in the winter.
[signature]
Do you mean digital maps for a GPS, or paper?
[signature]
I found ones for yuba lake and Utah lake at sport man's warehouse. They also had maps for at least a dozen other lakes. A bit pricey but had very good information for me to learn.
[signature]
digital map for like a phone or to look at on a computer but paper would also work. I am trying to find one for porcupine and henrys lake along with a couple others.
[signature]
fishnmap.com for the major lakes for sure. Those are the blue and white maps you see at Sportsman's.
[signature]
I use the Navionics ap on my phone, its pretty good, but doesn't have all lakes, however, my sonar phone actually creates a map of contours as you fish, and that data get's posted to their overall maps so in time as more folks have that kind of finder, the data base will be updated and we'll have more data to work with... Bear Lake and Flaming Gorge and Strawberry have good contours on Navionics, but it's cost an annual fee for access, but they are great maps... Later Jeff
[signature]
this may be Henrys Lake not sure. not a lot of Contours

http://webapp.navionics.com/?lang=en#boa...moGps%7DfT
[signature]
How do we add to navionics? How does it link up to your depth finder?
[signature]
First off your finder has to be compatible, my lower model sonar phone doesn't have the capability, but the one with a transducer that mounts to my boat does do this. I have to pull up the Navionics ap and use it (needs to be active while your scanning the area) and the fish finder ap on it and it sends all the data to the main data base. You don't have to do anything special besides that... But to get good data, you need to crisscross an area, so you get accurate depths to pass back to the mapping software... I used this in the top end of Hyrum and it mapped out the old river channel coming into the reservoir and so on the ice I was able to go sit on the tops of the old channel banks and it was really a very active spot... Wish I could show you how it works, it's easier to see than explain... Later Jeff
[signature]