Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake Whitefish Run
Welcome to the forum and good luck on getting to the lake it may be slick. Both routes into the lake will have snowy downhills and hopefully your boat won’t push you down the hill. Just take it slow so the curves don’t sneak up on you. Should be a fun time if the weather isn’t too windy with this storm. Good luck. Jeff
[signature]
Went to Cisco beach boat ramp this morning. 6-8 inches of snow. We put chains on and backed boat in. Spun out, chains came off and tore a brake line. No fishing this morning. Talk about a bummer and no one can fix today. Hope to get fixed tomorrow and get on the water. HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL.
[signature]
Wow we did that up deer hunting one time, I’m sorry to hear that. Hope you find help there to get your rig fixed. If you can’t find help there let us know and we can run a part over from Cache Valley. Better luck today. I’m surprised they didn’t get more snow. We’re buried in Benson. Later Jeff
[signature]
Were at the bear lake state park marina waiting for them to plow out. It's a beautiful morning, but it's slick to say the least.
[signature]
[quote gmwahl]

I fish the lake most weeks and will report as soon as I start seeing whitefish show up.

[/quote]

Hey Mike, anything showing up yet?
[signature]
Looking forward to your report.
[signature]
Picked up a couple out front of the marina this morning and a couple cutts. Well the wife did. She Normally out fishes me.
[signature]
Whitefish are up on the east side. We caught a bunch between 1st and 2nd point today from shore... along with some cutthroat.
[signature]
Great and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Congratulations and glad to hear it. Did you happen to notice if the boat ramps were plowed?
[signature]
1st Point ramp was plowed, very clear... but it started to snow quite a bit as we were leaving so not sure about now.
[signature]

[signature]
Thanks. Hopefully, it is clear Tuesday morning. I would prefer not to have to try to figure out how to put on my chains.
[signature]
I dont know. I've been bedridden with a bad sinus infection and havent got a chance to get out yet. Scott tolentino is fishing it today, so I'm sure he will report on it.

Mike
[signature]
Sorry to hear that. I'm going to give it a go Tuesday.
[signature]
Headed for the east side tomorrow [cool][cool][cool]
[signature]
I'm still planning for Wednesday, says snow will start around 2pm. In going to bring the atv & plow and a few bags of salt just in case[laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Hey Mike I hope you get feeling better soon, don’t want to miss this run. Sounds like Scott did well so I guess it’s on. See ya soon. Jeff
[signature]
I saw BLFG's post from yesterday on BL. Sounds like it is on for the white fish. That thread got locked for some reason (doubt it was for objectionable content) so I will respond here.
He was surprised that there was no one there on a Saturday. I for one should have been there yesterday. We just had too much snow here in Utah County to take the risk. Many of the canyons were closed. Dang it would have been great to already live up there. I knew here at 1000 when the sun came out we were missing a great day. With the weather forecast, I will be up tomorrow (Monday) and hope for some of the same. Thanks BLFG for the report.
[signature]