Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garmin Panoptix Livescope
Just out of curiosity how many people have this setup and what do you think of it? I'm trying to justify the cost and decide if it is something that I wanna get.
[signature]
I don't know of any one here that has one

here is some sites to look at
http://www.bbcboards.net/search.php?searchid=18156807

https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/cat/672...60b955b06b

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9eqqJUmm0
[signature]
you have me thinking about buying one I will wait till Feb.
and try to find out if it will work for big lake trout down 100 feet
and the big fish (sturgeon) in the snake river that are in 15 to 50 feet of water.
maybe it will work trolling for kokanee, maybe learn how to jig for them, hi hi.

I would look at this one

Garmin ECHOMAP Plus 94sv w/ GT51M-TM Transducer & Panoptix LiveScope System

some post I found

I thoroughly enjoy my livescope BUT the my Mega si helps me find the fish that my livescope makes it so fun to catch. IF it's installed correctly AND you have an experienced user train you fish can be easily seen on the mega. I routinely find and catch fish that I see on my Si and if the Di doesn't show a certain positioning I don't bother. Yesterday I caught 15 toad crappie and found every one on SI while my Livescope helped me target them with the proper presentation. These fish were in groups of 2-4 which is common for the large fish in our lake. Once I figured out the depth it took me an hour of scanning and 30 minutes of fishing to catch what I wanted and I was on the way home. In no way would my day have been as efficient with garmin SI or DI. It also wouldn't have been as efficient without livescope.
---------------------------------------------
So which are you? Person A or B ??
Well I ran hummingbird for 10 years before switching to Garmin and I’m very satisfied with the switch so I’ll choose B.
I know the truth is never easy to hear, but I am 100% accurate in my statement. SV mega just doesn’t work properly if the water isn’t calm, if you are not moving, if your fishing in more than 30 FOW, all these conditions aren’t necessary with Panoptix, my Panoptix works awesome from 10 to 100 feet deep, it's all around a much better fish locator. I don’t consider livescope an innovation, I consider it an improvement on an existing system, just like mega is an improvement on existing SV.
To find fish on SV you have to be riveted to the screen because those fish or shadows are simply not obvious to see. not the case with panoptix.
It’s all good,, we speak the same language we just have different expectations.
-------------------------------------------

I think Panoptix/LiveVu is great, if you already know what and where the structure is that you are going to fish. Excellent Side and Down imaging can help you eliminate water quickly and efficiently

It will be interesting to see what comes out from HB, Lowrance and Raymarine. If one company can pull of a unit that does something similar to LiveVu with excellent side/down imaging they'll have a real winner on their hands. Right now you'll need units from multiple manufactures to accomplish it all.

----------------------------------------------------------

I really have no bias when it comes to my MFD. BUT right now Garmin has become my choice for the way I fish. I do run both Humminbird and Garmin. However I rarely turn the Helix 10 G2 Mega on any more. why ?

Due to my 71year old vision. I really have to limit the range on the sideview to notice fish images. Even then it still is a 50/50 proposition that what I saw was fish. On the Panoptix PS 21 and PS 30 on my boat there is no doubt. If it is moving they are fish. It is to me the most efficient search machine for fish. The PS 22 is all I need when on the ice.
--------------------------------------------------
What still amazes me is. It took Livescope Panoptix to get a large number of anglers excited. The original Panoptix got me all fired up. Somebody used the analogy that if you were searching for something. In a dark room. Would you use a flashlight or turn on the overhead lights ? Yes the difference is that big.
-------------------------------------------------
I have stated on here several times. Once someone sees Panoptix in action, by someone who knows how to use it , they immediately see its value. What is funny the biggest doubters become the biggest fans. On the other hand my 360 View impressed almost no one. Evidently I didn't know how to use that.
[signature]
I'm considering the panoptix livescope ice bundle this spring depending on if the price drops. I figure worse case I can get a trip or two on the ice with it before figuring out how to mount it to the kayak or my boat. I've seen a couple videos on youtube that show people catching lakers with it and it amazing what the setup can do.
[signature]
Talked to a guy at Bear Lake that has one and said they are great. If I could afford one I’d probably get one, but $2700 is a lot of change for me. Later Jeff
[signature]
Ya I found them on sale for 2500 but it's still a ton of money for just a fish finder haha
[signature]
Guess we need a rich friend to get one and fish with them. Or hopefully the other companies will get something that will compete so the price comes down. Later Jeff
[signature]
[quote SkunkedAgain]Guess we need a rich friend to get one and fish with them. Or hopefully the other companies will get something that will compete so the price comes down. Later Jeff[/quote]
Have done that, on the Gorge, for lakers. You can see them, but the resolution in deep water is not as good as the 2-D images I get from my Lowrance HDS Carbon. In fact, I can tell when the fish are a foot from my jig on my HDS, and see the moves on the jig. The Panoptix was too wide of cone for that with fish on or near the bottom. Not a game-changer for me . . . yet. Rumor has it more improvements are coming from both Garmin and Lowrance, but sonar is still sonar. Its either wide and less-pricise, or narrow and very precise. Wide angles are good for finding and locating fish. I don't have any problems finding fish with 83 to 200 khz frequencies, and I want to know what's under my boat. Fish off to my side are useless to me. I move my boat and find them under me where we can do something about it.
[signature]
I just picked up the Garmin Echomap 93 SV. I did not get the live scan transducer yet, need some more $$$$ to do that. I think the unit itself is going to be nice.
[signature]
I'm looking to buy the Echomap Ultra 12" and the LiveScope will need to get
Aaron to go and show me how to jig. but things may change in two months

this is a good reed, read the hole page.
http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1012663

they talk a lot about transducers, down deep like fishing for lakers.
The LiveScope transducer is LVS32
[signature]
Thanks for the info Robert. Yes, we need to do that with Aaron
[signature]