Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake George Ice fishing contest
[cool][cool][cool] WHAT A DAY FOR ICE FISHING!!!!!! THE SKY WAS A CLEAR BLUE, THE TEMP WAS ALMOST 40 DEGS. THE ICE WAS ALMOST 30" THICK AND THE WIND WAS NOTHING BUT A LIGHT BREEZE. THE COMPETITION WAS FEARCE WITH A TURN OUT OF 577 ENTRIES, AT THIRTY DOLLARS A POP YOU DO THE MATH.

THE MONEY FISH WERE PERCH, SALMON, LAKER AND NOTHERN PIKE. SOME BEAUTIFUL FISH WERE BROUGHT INTO THE WEIGH STATION. THE PRIZES WERE NOTHING TO SNEEZE AT, LARGEST FISH IN ALL CATIGORIES WAS 800 DOLLARS SECOND PLACE WAS 450 DOLLARS AND THIRD WAS 250 DOLLARS.A 13" PERCH TOOK FIRST A 24" SALMON A 38" LAKER AND A WOPPING 41" 17LB. NORTHERN PIKE.

THE PRIZES DID NOT END THERE, THEY ALSO INCLUDED IN THE COST OF YOUR TICKET ELIGABILITY IN A RAFFLE. THE PRIZES IN THE RAFFLE RANGED FROM LURES AND SMALL TACKLE BOXES TO ICE SLEDS AND POWER GAS AUGERS OH YES AND TWO PORTABLE ICE SHANTIES. ONE MORE BIG ONE A BOMBARDIER 330CC 4X4 ATV.

LET ME TELL YOU THIS WAS A TREMEMDOUS AMOUNT OF FUN. I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR. AND MAYBE I'LL WIN SOMETHING.
[signature]
[cool]Hey there guest thanks for stopping by Boy it sure was great but the weather is now going to take a toll on our hard water excursions. I was out on Monday and already had 2" of water on top. Seeing that you stopped by why don't you sign up we have a lot of fun across this whole site.
[signature]
how soon do you expect before ice out?

I am off my lake now, I quit ging out when I have to jump across the water to get on the lake.
[signature]
[Sad][Sad][Sad] We are doing the same thing the edges are gone and raining right now so I think we are done, tomarrow is going to be 60 degs. I think its time to think about striper fishing in the Hudson.
[signature]
I hear that, me I am thinking red horses in the huron.
[signature]