Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 2-28-04
Had another great day at Echo. My 6 year old wanted some quality time with dad so we went fishing for the day. It was slow at first, we only caught 2 small Perch in the first 2 hours although I did have a few good hits from trout in that time. Then we moved, drilled a couple of holes and finally saw a few fish on the finder. We were in the new spot a few minutes when a huge school of fish came in and we started catching fish like crazy. We caught 30 in about 20 minutes between the two of us although I wasn't fishing very much because my daughter was pulling them in too fast. The fish were very aggressive today. Also had several hard hits from the trout but I couldn't manage to get any to stay hooked very long. The weather wasn't too bad and we had the lake to ourselves later in the day.

The ice is about 14" thick. 10" of clear ice and 4" of cloudy ice on top of that and about 4" of new snow. The problem is the edges are getting questionable. There was 4 to 15' of thin ice around the edges and I got one boot wet trying to get on the ice. Next time I'll take a board.

FM
[signature]
Thanks for the Echo update. I've only fished it through the ice a couple of times, but the fishing is always pretty good up there. Lots of little perch. Great place to take a kid fishin.
[signature]
Last sunday with Gulfstream, was nothing but frustrating. Right off the bat Gulfstream got a bow, but not a bite for the rest of the day, till we walked back to the boat launch to see everyone hitting perch like they were going out of style [crazy]
[signature]