Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry is hot!!!!
It seems everyone is having very little luck at Strawberry. Every trip I've made this year I have slammed them!!!! Yesterday I went Saturday the 28th of February and didn't arrive until 4 pm and caught 16. On Presidents Day weekend I went on Saturday and caught 27 and on Monday caught 15. The trip before that I caught 26. Most fish are in the slot limit but had one on that I couldn't get it up through the hole. Alot of fish between 18 and 22 inches. Next year should be even better if we can control the law breakers!!!! Strawberry is awesome as far as I'm concerned, you just have to know the secrets about how to fish it through the ice!!! Good luck to all!!!
[signature]
You will have to enlighten us on your late season strategies. That is part of what we do here. At the Berry there is always plenty of space and fish to go around. This is always a more difficult time of year finding success through the ice and it usually gets slower as the season goes on. Come on, cut loose on some info your success.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hi, Fishbladder! Sounds like you are tearing them up on the 'Berry. You Sad:[/size][/font]

"[size 1]Strawberry is awesome as far as I'm concerned, you just have to know the secrets about how to fish it through the ice!!!"[/size]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]How about helping out us "fish challenged" fishers and give out a few of your secrets! Enquiring mind want to know! I've never journeyed to the Strawberry to fish but if I ever head down that way, I'd like to think that I'd stand a chance of landing a few fish. Thanks![/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Arial"][red][size 2] Yea, We need to learn from the master at hand. it won't be long before we can't go ice fishing any more and I would like to get some more in before that. I haven't hit the Berry yet this year and I really need to. So come on, GIVE IT UP.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
I have found it depends upon where you go at the berry to do well. We have a spot over on the Soldier Creek side that we always do well at. It is just to far to drag my big tent by hand, so I choose to fish closer. When the gang goes, and we have the snowmobiles, we hit our spot and do well also. I'm not convinced its any secret, just knowing where the right spot is to fish.
[signature]
I agree with KJ. Location is the secret. I don't have a snowmobile or a 4 wheeler so I am limited to areas that I never fish during the summer. I have better sucess when I fish from my boat. I would be willing to share my locations and technique with anyone who asks just like many others have helped me out.
[signature]
So, is there a chance you might invite me to go with ya one of these days???
[signature]
nice report strawberry cutt slayer. that should have been your name mind sharing any of your ideas or secrets?

jr8fish
[signature]
Hey Fishbladder,
First of all welcome to the board. We like new members who are strawberry fisherman. I fish Strawberry almost exclusively and have done very well this year but not quite as good as you as far as numbers. Are you using a snowmobile or wheeler to get to your fishing holes or just walking. I know if you can get away from the crowds its better. Sounds like you had a fun winter. I heard there was some slush on the ice???? Is there? Have you found one type of bait better than others? We use foxee's, paddlebugs, and tube jigs with about equal success. Thanks in advance for the info.

Bigcat
[signature]
I think a lot of us Berry fanatics are chomping at the bit to go up there. I for one am shooting for Saturday. I also think a big item on everyone's mind is the lake surface conditions. I think I am done taking out the ATV and am faced with walking to that honey hole loaded with the big uns. As the weekend nears, I for one would like to get an up-to-date report on the snow, slush and ice conditions. Are there others out there that would like to solicit that information from those who are lucky enough to hit the Berry during the week?
[signature]
Hoping to go on Tuesday. I'll post after I get home that night the current ice,slush,snow conditions if I go.
Bigcat
[signature]
Knock em dead Bigcat, but leave some of the big ones for the rest of us.
[signature]