Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
got my bass through the ice
hit boyd lake the 26 and braved the thin ice and walked to the pump house. the ice was only 2 1/2 in. to 3 in. we probed as we went along. got to our small little spot and jig up a couple smallies and some bows. biggest smallie I've caught on 4lb. line, lots of fun.
[signature]
Nice smally Chuck. I've fished on ice that thin before, you just don't want to get too close to anyone else when you do it.[crazy]
[signature]
thanks Curt, the ice was getting pretty scary at noon, every time we moved around in was cracking, and the bad part was the fish were just starting to bite and come in close. we had fish fallowing our jigs up over 5 feet and then leave. drop the jig and wiggle and there's a fish again, same thing over and over. I caught one fish when I was wiggling my jig. most the time I wiggle it a rise it up about 10 in. and see if the fish fallows it up. if he fallows I move up more and wiggle it.
it was a good day even though we didn't get any walleyes, maybe next week. it's going to get really cold this week so should be a little thicker ice by next week.
[signature]
Pretty cool when they follow your lure up like that, makes you wonder what they are acting like when they see the jig dancing like that. Guess that is when an underwater camera would be nice to have[Smile].
[signature]