Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aqua-vu 715 c
Just depending upon if you already have your ice fishing finder or not, it might not be too expensive if you also need that. I've seen a lot of people in BFT post that they like their MarCum LX-7 ice fishing fish finder. I have what is essentially that except it includes a high resolution underwater camera and superimposes the fish finding graphics onto the underwater video with a larger screen size.

Here is a link to a search of my posts on it:

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...time&mh=25

Ronald Smile
Thanks for your input on the fish finder I have the marcum vx1 pro and the helix 5 so I'm just looking for the camera
[signature]
Hey Ira I haven’t seen the Aquaview in action so I can’t say anything about it, but you’re welcome to check out my Marcum. Maybe we can meet over to Charlie’s on Saturday sometime. But keep in mind that is about as muddy of water as you can find so you may not be too impressed. I really like mine on Hyrum for perch lately but even there I can only see my jig a couple feet from the camera so you don’t get a very big viewing area. That’s my biggest complaint is you can only see a small area, but when it lets you know which perch to hook so you get the big ones and miss the little ones, then it starts to get pretty valuable. I think it’s more a visibility underwater issue than a hardware issue so I expect all cameras to be similar. Just some of my thoughts. Later Jeff
[signature]
One thing to keep in mind is that after you get down 30-40' you really start to lose the light to see what is going on. Also if it has lights built into it they really don't help that much. If anything the light attracts the plankton to the point that it looks like snow swimming around on the screen.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I have this unit. It works great, but the battery has been horrible. I will be doing a mod to get a better battery in there. I might consider a different unit if I were you to be honest. For the money, the battery should last longer than 3 hours.
[signature]