Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snowmobile thru the ice at BL?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Has anyone heard anything about a snowmobile going thru the ice at Bear Lake? I heard that the emergency personnel responded but haven’t heard any of the details. Must of hit one of those methane bubblers that are open or barely covered with ice? [/size][/font]
[signature]
Man BLM, I read your post subject and my heart dropped! All I could think was your sled going for a dunk! Glad it was not you and I hope that whomever it happened to is O.K. Sleds can be replaced, but a life is priceless!

I have heard the story of Old Coot pulling up a tricycle from the depths of bear lake, maybe he could retrieve the sled this spring??
[signature]
I have been told that they have snowmobile races on the water. What is the story, will a snowmobile float? Will it travel on top of water if it is already going a certain speed when it hits the water or what is the story?
[signature]
Lots of people skip there sleds on water and ATV's can also do it. It's fun but dangerous.
[signature]
Man that is a scary thought. Still a lot of winter still to go . Hate to see the ice get bad this early,unless it'll be off in a real hurry[sly]
Snowmobile races on the water are actuallly pretty cool to watch. They do grass drags on them as well as hill climbs on grass. The ones they race in the water have an arm band/engine kill cord so it doesn't toast the engine when they fall off or sink. It's amazing what can be done with these machines.
[signature]
some of my freinds race ont he water it is really fun to watch, but they usually do it in shallow water
[signature]