Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
I don't have a machine yet but am seriously looking just for the reasons you mention. My catching always slows down when the noisy herd shows up.
If you are the only person or shed on the ice it seems like the newcomers are drawn to it, and set up camp next door.

A few years ago I tried this out. I set up semi close to the the truck or close in. I fish till a couple of groups show up and their noise etc slow down my catching. I then move.
Then the new newcomers seem to gather by the group. For whatever reason I know not. This seems to group them together and they don't follow me off into the distance.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. How big were the fish?
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

I like your strategy. I have fished twice at Fish Lake and both times we were at the 16' weed line. We caught a lot of perch there along with some splake, small lakers, even a tiger trout. Can anyone tell me what the fishing is like if you go farther out and how far to go? I have caught plenty of small perch for this year but might head down for some nice splake.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

This afternoon I went back and fished 3 hrs til dark. I kept 30 perch that were fat and average 8.5". I have 5 that was over 9". I was fishing 15ft depth. Kept 2 splake that where around 14". I have notice that I catch the bigger perch between 12ft to 20ft depth at fish lake. I have also notice they are getting bigger and fatter each year for the last 3yrs.
[signature]
Perch where averaging 8.5". Been getting better each year. Caught few over 9". Fat and healthy looking.
[signature]
Brilliant idea!
I dread when the football comes out, don’t they make parks for that?
I am not rude enough to ice fish in their football fields...
[signature]