Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Almost skunked at Deer Creek Sat 2/28
My brother and I were getting cabin feaver watching it snow outside on Saturday. We would have loved to get up to Strawberry but with it snowing and blowing so hard we figured it wouldn't be our smartest choice. So we went to Deer Creek and fished from 4PM til dark. There were only about 4 other groups out by the island when we got there and all had left by the time we went home at dark. It snowed only a skiff while we were there and the wind blew at a pretty good clip the whole time. We each landed one rainbow about 12 inches long. We moved around and tried a lot of different holes that had been used earlier in the day in depths ranging from 11-14 feet and various kinds and sizes of jigs. So it was very slow. No fish on the finder either. I was just wondering if anyone was doing any good at Deer Creek lately. The ice was about 8 inches thick most places but thinned to about 4 inches as you got close to the open water. No slush. I think I'll go back to the Berry where I know I can catch 8-12 fish each trip.

Bigcat
[signature]
We were up there from 1:30 to 4 p.m. and fished along the opposite side of the bay - along the road - 23' ft. - Started off pretty slow then caught a 13" perch, then shortly after a 14" trout, then hooked into a nice 20" rainbow and then hooked into another large fish that was real big - he decided he did not like the looks of the hole and headed towards location unknown....

The two kids we had along reeled them all in and had a great time - even with the breeze.

Colors that seemed to work the best - glow in the dark green and yellow...
[signature]