Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Records (time wise)
What is the longest time that you have spent fishing without stopping??
[signature]
6am to 10pm[cool] I think that would be 16 Hours.
[signature]
I started fishing at 830 am finished finishing 730 am next day! I was doing the ironman fishing marathon in miami with a friend.We fished for everything that was in the vicinity! We even caught several dolphin(mahi mahi)or (dorado) depending were your from!Landed several yellowfin,blackfintuna ,kingfish,grouper,muton snappers,vermillion snapper,true red snapper,amberjacks,almacos,wahoos,a couple of sailsfish,tons of bonitos(boneheads),yellowtails snappers(atlantic),a cobia,and a sunburn you would not beleive![pirate] The late april early may if you get on the water at the right time fishing is so awesome!It can be nonstop! [Wink]
[signature]
[cool] It had to be one of my fly-in ice-fishing trips. We would start on Thursday morning around nine a.m , and we had our lines down the whole time till Sunday morning around nine. We stayed right in the fish house the whole time and used rattle reels at night while we slept , and they would wake us when we got a bite !!

[signature]
13 hours, but have done it many times. when the walleyes are spawning, I get on the water by 6 a.m and fish til 7 p.m.
[signature]
My Wife says thats all I do...So if I never stop, it must be a long time![Smile]

I guess (for real) I've gone down to the river after dinner and stayed till the next afternoon or so.
[signature]
I'LL SAY 15 HOURS AND THE ONLY REASON I STOP IS CAUSE THE WIFE STARTS COMPLAINIG ABOUT FAMILY TIME . SO NOW I GOT THE BOYS HOOKED AND AS SOON AS MY DAUGHTER CAN WALK I'LL GET HER HOOKED THEN I CAN STAY OUT AS LONG AS I WANT.[Smile][Wink]
[signature]
I started fishing one nightat 6:00 didn't stop until the next night at 9:00 I caught so many cats it wasn't even funny.
[signature]
[size 2]I would have to say14-16hrs many times on the gorge,of course that means finding a quiet little cove and takeing a nap sometimes.I really like being on the water before the sun is up,and staying late to get them bow's that are feeding in the evening.[/size]
[signature]
7am to 10:30 pm. I'd like to try out Flagmans approach. Fly in ice fishing. I've heard some of those shanty's have all the comforts of home. Who know's maybe george castanza will deliver us up some KFC.. [cool]
[signature]
[cool] Bearclaw , they are nice , most of them are 12 by 20 with 3 bunks and 12 holes. On the outside there's a attached out house that a five gallon bucket with a garbage bag in it serves as a hole !! lol !!! They bring you out , and all you have to bring is your fishing gear and sleeping bag and clothes. They come and check on ya twice a day ( you also have a two way radios ) and replenish your bait and propane if needed. The guys I went with always brought a couple of 8 gallon kegs , and every Sat nite was gambiling night ! We rented 2 fishhouses and 12 guys would go and we caught on the average of about 400 walleye and saugers ! Alot of throw backs and fishfrys !!!!.

[signature]
Hey Flagmanonice, with a setup like that, I think I could fish for month straight without stopping.[cool]
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Well, if you count just having lines in the water...without paying full and undivided attention to what is going on with them...it would be a trip to the Colorado River in April one year. The cats were munchin and the bass and bluegill were hitting in a lagoon...along with a few stray crappies. I was either casting or soaking bait from about 9 PM on a Thursday night until about 2 PM on the following Sunday. [/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]You figure it out. I am still brain dead from that trip long ago. I did grab a few catnaps and brief snoozes between bites...both at night and during the day. But the only good sleep I got was on the trip back home...while driving.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]That was when I was much younger and more foolish. Come to think of it, it was stuff like that gave me grey hair and dead brain cells. But, I try not to think much these days. I'd rather just go fishing.[/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 1]Oh yeah, TubeN2 was just a pup then. Too small to take on the trip and too large for catfish bait. That was in the days before they put the flatheads in there. He might have made a good mouthful for a big flathead at that stage.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
That sounds like a fishing marathon TubeDad. I guess it's a good thing that I didn't fit into the bait box.[blush]

Can you see if TubeBabe has an answer to this poll as well? Thanks.
[signature]
just under 36 hours [Smile], of course i was in a younger mans body back then . now i gotta have a recharge period at least every 24 hours , 12 if you count the cat naps , lol !
[signature]

Hey there TubeN2,

Went on a 10 long range trip.

JapanRon
[signature]
Longest I've been fishing was from 5am - 2am. I was sunburned and hungry and dehydrated. I had to get home so I could heal up for the next trip out.
[signature]
don't know for sure if you would count this one as i was a deckhand but we got in a 25 hour tuna bite it was nuts ! albies big 100# yellowfin tuna jackpot went to a 150# bigeye tuna finally just had to leave as we lost the fish because we had no more bait to chum
[signature]
All the replies are good. I hope we get some more.[cool]
[signature]
Depends if the Catfish are biting. If they are I often go up to 15 hours.