Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 2/8/20
Good to see you again and to meet Brett as well. It was really kind of Brett to give me one of his pole tethers. You are right that the bite early was good, or at least better than I had experienced out there. I was hoping you would get a bump in the panfish category as well as a cat. Good job on the cat. I was wondering how you did. I had to leave so early and had not seen any updates to your contest post.
[signature]
It was good to see you, too. Appreciate you acting as our guide. I'm itching to get back up there EARLY to try to catch that big perch now that I have the lay of the land, er, ice.
[signature]
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

[quote catchinon]

I took a while getting in the water as I was set up for trout and needed to re-rig.

[/quote]

Craig, fishing time is too valuable to waste getting rigged up. IMNSHO one should take care of getting rigged up at home.
[signature]
Got to agree with Kent for sure on that rigging deal... Half the fun is getting tied up the night before so your already to fish as soon as you hit the water or ice... But then again I take way too many rods so I can rig multiple rods in case I pick the wrong thing first try... But my eyes aren't good enough to see to do it in the field these days... So a good light and reading glasses are a benefit at home for rigging... Later Jeff
[signature]
I do the same thing the night before. I can't count how many times my wife has poked her head in the garage asking if I'm ever coming to bed. She tries to look out for me because she knows I'm getting up really early the next morning. I also carry 5 rods with me and rig each with something different so I can just drop another line down the holes if something isn't working.
[signature]