Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
BFT is finally back up
(02-28-2020, 02:10 AM)dubob Wrote: Geeze, I'm smart!  Big Grin  I got my maroon back.

However, I guess my trademark signature line is gone for good.  I'll have to look into that over the weekend and put it back into my profile.

For inserting pictures, might I suggest using IMGUR and save them there as 640 X 480 (message boards)?
That way they will meet the size constraints here - like this this one does:

[Image: uJZZfOj.jpg]

You're welcome!   Big Grin

Learnin' new stuff is fun!

For some reason seeing your tag line as...

"Bob Hicks from Utah" cracks me up.

Hey I am Bob Hicks from Utah and I have been a recovering fishaholic for 20 years. Lordy I need to need to ease up on the Nyquill. Good to have you back on the board, Bob. Where you headed next to harass poor innocent perch? And, please get your original tag line up and running again.
This new version sucks so far. It took forever to get on. It only works on my phone so far. I'm glad it's back, but there is a TON of improvement to do!

Mike
(02-27-2020, 02:26 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: That sure took longer than they said but it's good to be back. Now if we can just get use to the changes and I sure hope they can change all the things that seem wrong to me. I'm going to start a list here, if anyone notices other things, please add them here, also the things you like:
I like the no ads but
1. the boards are all backwards, first page is on the last page.
2 the main utah board is at the bottom of the utah pages, it should be at the top IMO.
3. My log in did not work, so I had to create a new password.
Many other things but that what I noticed first.

Ditto. Same 3 issues. I've got one more issue however.  I posted in the premium board just to make sure it was still working, and my post count says "Newbie: 1"
We have to start over with post counts?  I guess this is complaint #4.

Edit: Oh, now I'm a "Junior Member with 2 posts".   And where is my signature?   (I guess that is #5).  And my avatar?   (#6).

Edit #2:  Well, I couldn't find my old avatar, even though i really liked it.  And my signature needed to be updated anyway.
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
I finally figured out how to get back on, but I'm certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to technology. Glad I can get my daily fix again.
(02-28-2020, 02:44 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote:
(02-28-2020, 02:10 AM)dubob Wrote: Geeze, I'm smart!  Big Grin  I got my maroon back.

However, I guess my trademark signature line is gone for good.  I'll have to look into that over the weekend and put it back into my profile.

For inserting pictures, might I suggest using IMGUR and save them there as 640 X 480 (message boards)?
That way they will meet the size constraints here - like this this one does:

[Image: uJZZfOj.jpg]

You're welcome!   Big Grin

Learnin' new stuff is fun!

For some reason seeing your tag line as...

"Bob Hicks from Utah" cracks me up.

Hey I am Bob Hicks from Utah and I have been a recovering fishaholic for 20 years. Lordy I need to need to ease up on the Nyquill. Good to have you back on the board, Bob. Where you headed next to harass poor innocent perch? And, please get your original tag line up and running again.
Can't; number of characters is limited to 255.   Dodgy
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
The login issue was annoying but probably necessary. My biggest issue is that it's not mobile-friendly. What is this 2010? That would have been a no-brainer feature I would have thought.
(02-27-2020, 02:42 AM)Slabslayer666 Wrote: Why did i have to create new account I try logging in and it said invalid user try several times old user name was utatduckhunter so I create a new account
Here is what is on the main page of the forum

Hello and welcome to our new website! We’ve created this simple guide to help you navigate the new site and to help you be accustomed to some new exciting features.

I am an old time user, my login doesn’t work.
– If you use the site mostly for the forum go to the forum link directly and sign in with your existing login there. Your current forum login should still work but if doesn’t use the lost password link or click here.

I am new to the site where do I go first?
– The website is composed of two major parts:

The Home Feed (which is what you see with articles in the homepage) here you can post articles, news and relevant information about big fish tackle. This is a new component of the site which will allow you to collaborate and interact with existing and new users with features such as private messaging. Your existing login same as your forum login should work here if not use the lost password link or click here. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address you normally use. As a security measure when you login to the home feed the first time your account access needs to be verified by the site moderator.

The Forum is where users create and post forum boards. It works somewhat the same as the old forum site but with different features. Users from the old forum should be able to login using their existing credentials. You have problem logging in use the lost password feature or click here.

Important thing to remember is there are two logins in the new website; the login for the home feed and the login for the forum. When you login to the home feed you are not automatically logged in to the forum. You still need to go to the forum and login before you can participate in the discussions.  If you are a new user you need to register on both logins. If you are an existing user, your existing login should work on both home feed and the forum. If you can login to the forum but you can’t login to the home feed use the lost password feature.

I am getting authorization code mismatch error. What should I do?
- Your browser still has your login information from the old bigfishtackle.com website. Clear your browser cache completely. Follow the steps below to clear your browser cache:

1. While your browser is open press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. ...
2. Select the period "since installation", to empty the whole browser cache.
3. Check the Option "Images and Files in Cache".
4. Confirm your settings, by clicking the button "delete browser data".
5. Refresh the page and try logging back in
I go away from the site for a few days and the site is gone. Now it's back and everything is different. Why the change?
This is going to be fun to watch!

[Image: voowPbZ.gif]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
WH2 wrote:

Quote:That sure took longer than they said but it's good to be back. Now if we can just get use to the changes and I sure hope they can change all the things that seem wrong to me. I'm going to start a list here, if anyone notices other things, please add them here, also the things you like:
I like the no ads but
1. the boards are all backwards, first page is on the last page.
2 the main utah board is at the bottom of the utah pages, it should be at the top IMO.
3. My log in did not work, so I had to create a new password.
Many other things but that what I noticed first.

Here's my addition to your list:

I have not been able to log into my original account. I have used the "Reset" and "Lost" your password links 3 times and never got the email. Then I created this new account and never got the "validation" email. Today this account workd though. 

I'm just hoping I can someday reconnect to my old account.
Bob, a lot of members still can't log in to the site, I'm gong to start a new thread about helping those members get logged in, would you please consider writing up a message for that thread, with a step by step procedure of what you did to get signed on when you got back on, it would be much appreciated.
Anyone else that is willing to do a write up how they got back on the site could really help those that are having issues. Thanks
I got frustrated with my computers at home with having to request a password reset everytime I would try to access the forums.  I think there maybe an issue with Mac OS.  I brought BFT up on a Windows computer and it remembered my credentials and thus being able to post again.
(02-28-2020, 08:54 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Bob, a lot of members still can't log in to the site, I'm gong to start a new thread about helping those members get logged in, would you please consider writing up a message for that thread, with a step by step procedure of what you did to get signed on when you got back on, it would be much appreciated.
Anyone else that is willing to do a write up how they got back on the site could really help those that are having issues. Thanks
I'd be happy to if I had written it all down.  But I didn't and it took about 5 or 6 try's to finally get it right.  I really don't remember much about it.  All I remember is that none of it was intuitive.  I'm not going to bad mouth the programmers because I use to program myself, and I have an understanding how tough it can be.  But software folks hardly ever stop to explain anything about their work as if they were talking to a 2 year old that has no knowledge about how it is supposed to work.  They talk or teach as if they were talking to another geek.  It never works when they do that.  They always make way too many assumptions about the receivers knowledge level and blow it about 98% of the time.  I can lead others through some of the basic stuff like changing fonts and setting up your profile.  I haven't tried the PM function yet, but might send you a PM just to see if it works.  Sorry again, but I really don't remember what the correct sequence of events were to get mine up and running. 
Bob Hicks, from Utah