Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use the new Bigfishtackle website
Hello and welcome to our new website! We’ve created this simple guide to help you navigate the new site and to help you be accustomed to some new exciting features. You can email for help at bigfishtackle@yahoo.com

I am an old time user, my login doesn’t work.
– If you use the site mostly for the forum go to the forum link directly and sign in with your existing login there. Your current forum login should still work but if doesn’t use the lost password link or click here.

I am new to the site where do I go first?
– The website is composed of two major parts:

The Home Feed (which is what you see with articles in the homepage) here you can post articles, news and relevant information about big fish tackle. This is a new component of the site which will allow you to collaborate and interact with existing and new users with features such as private messaging. Your existing login same as your forum login should work here if not use the lost password link or click here. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address you normally use. As a security measure when you login to the home feed the first time your account access needs to be verified by the site moderator.

The Forum is where users create and post forum boards. It works somewhat the same as the old forum site but with different features. Users from the old forum should be able to login using their existing credentials. You have problem logging in use the lost password feature or click here.

Important thing to remember is there are two logins in the new website; the login for the home feed and the login for the forum. When you login to the home feed you are not automatically logged in to the forum. You still need to go to the forum and login before you can participate in the discussions.  If you are a new user you need to register on both logins. If you are an existing user, your existing login should work on both home feed and the forum. If you can login to the forum but you can’t login to the home feed use the lost password feature.

I am getting authorization code mismatch error. What should I do?
- Your browser still has your login information from the old bigfishtackle.com website. Clear your browser cache completely. Follow the steps below to clear your browser cache:

1. While your browser is open press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. ...
2. Select the period "since installation", to empty the whole browser cache.
3. Check the Option "Images and Files in Cache".
4. Confirm your settings, by clicking the button "delete browser data".
5. Refresh the page and try logging back in

if you reset your password and didn't receive the reset password email, please contact us by clicking here.
We'll reset your password for you. Please include your username and the email you used to login with your inquiry.
I have had a hard time get back to the new site. Fineley had to use a different name and pastword to get to the forum. But noe I can not see any images. All I see is [some name.jpg] I also see [Signature] How to fix
Test reply to see if I am actually in.
Hi Gobro,

You wrote "Important thing to remember is there are two logins in the new website; the login for the home feed and the login for the forum."

I assumed that meant I could use the same user ID as always on both place, but needed 2 different passwords. What did you really mean?

I have created this new username for the forum's, but I want the same username I used to have on the forum. If I try the "lost" and "reset" you password link many times and no email comes through. If I try to register for the forum, it won't let me use my "Home" username because it already exists. Can you offer any help.

Thanks, 
Piscophilic (wannabe)
(02-27-2020, 11:57 PM)gobro.den Wrote: Hello and welcome to our new website! We’ve created this simple guide to help you navigate the new site and to help you be accustomed to some new exciting features.

– If you use the site mostly for the forum go to the forum link directly and sign in with your existing login there. Your current forum login should still work but if doesn’t use the lost password link or click here.

The Home Feed (which is what you see with articles in the homepage) here you can post articles, news and relevant information about big fish tackle. This is a new component of the site which will allow you to collaborate and interact with existing and new users with features such as private messaging. Your existing login same as your forum login should work here if not use the lost password link or click here. Make sure to enter the correct username or email address you normally use. As a security measure when you login to the home feed the first time your account access needs to be verified by the site moderator.

The Forum is where users create and post forum boards. It works somewhat the same as the old forum site but with different features. Users from the old forum should be able to login using their existing credentials. You have problem logging in use the lost password feature or click here.

Important thing to remember is there are two logins in the new website; the login for the home feed and the login for the forum. When you login to the home feed you are not automatically logged in to the forum. You still need to go to the forum and login before you can participate in the discussions.  If you are a new user you need to register on both logins. If you are an existing user, your existing login should work on both home feed and the forum. If you can login to the forum but you can’t login to the home feed use the lost password feature.

- Your browser still has your login information from the old bigfishtackle.com website. Clear your browser cache completely. Follow the steps below to clear your browser cache:

1. While your browser is open press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. ...
When I picked a photo for my avatar it turns the photo sideways.  I tried another photo and it turned it upside down.  Help!!!!!

(02-27-2020, 11:57 PM)gobro.den Wrote: Hello and welcome to our new website! We’ve created this simple guide to help you navigate the new site and to help you be accustomed to some new exciting features.

5. Refresh the page and try logging
Also, My signature does not work.  It only shows formating codes.
I don't want the post to appear with my reply.  I can't find an option to leave that out.
How can we make font size and color default??

Thanks
Wow! So we lost all we had built over the years from the old forum? I was one of the early adopters of these forums with a lot of posts over the years and now it shows I'm a 'newbie' with 0 posts, 0 reputation, etc..

Ouch!!!! That really sucks. You would think they would at least import that info from the old boards to avoid losing the long-time people.
(03-02-2020, 06:29 PM)addicted2fishin Wrote: Wow! So we lost all we had built over the years from the old forum? I was one of the early adopters of these forums with a lot of posts over the years and now it shows I'm a 'newbie' with 0 posts, 0 reputation, etc..

Ouch!!!! That really sucks. You would think they would at least import that info from the old boards to avoid losing the long-time people.
Most, if not all of them are still there; however, it is not easy to find them (because they aren't date sorted).  Do a search for threads under your username and you will see a list of your old posts.
(03-02-2020, 08:14 PM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(03-02-2020, 06:29 PM)addicted2fishin Wrote: Wow! So we lost all we had built over the years from the old forum? I was one of the early adopters of these forums with a lot of posts over the years and now it shows I'm a 'newbie' with 0 posts, 0 reputation, etc..

Most, if not all of them are still there; however, it is not easy to find them (because they aren't date sorted).  Do a search for threads under your username and you will see a list of your old posts.

Hi Kent, Have you had any success with the "search for threads under your username"? I've tried it and it sort of works, but it finds everything with your username in it (posts, replies, etc) and then it only displays a single page. Are you seeing the same thing? Good news is I was able to find my first post by remembering a distict phrase I put in it. 

Thanks, Pisco

(03-03-2020, 04:22 PM)PiscoII Wrote:

Hi Kent, Have you had any success with the "search for threads under your username"? I've tried it and it sort of works, but it finds everything with your username in it (posts, replies, etc) and then it only displays a single page. Are you seeing the same thing? Good news is I was able to find my first post by remembering a distict phrase I put in it. 

Thanks, Pisco

Oops! "distinct phrase"

It's mostly an annoyance to be branded a 'junior member' and have it only show a couple of posts in the statistics banner next to my name when I've been on this board over 15 years with thousands of posts trying to help others out or reach out for help with questions when needed.
Quote:It's mostly an annoyance to be branded a 'junior member' and have it only show a couple of posts in the statistics banner next to my name when I've been on this board over 15 years with thousands of posts trying to help others out or reach out for help with questions when needed.

Looks like they fixed that now, you are now labled a Posting Freak with over 1,180 post. 
Along with what Kent said about looking for old post, you can go to the very last post on this board, on page 512 and see all those post that were made before the site was switched over, here is a link to that page:

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...8&page=512
"Hi Kent, Have you had any success with the "search for threads under your username"? I've tried it and it sort of works, but it finds everything with your username in it (posts, replies, etc) and then it only displays a single page. Are you seeing the same thing? Good news is I was able to find my first post by remembering a distict phrase I put in it. 

Thanks, Pisco"

I am seeing a lengthy list of pages when I search for my username.
(03-04-2020, 04:49 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Quote:It's mostly an annoyance to be branded a 'junior member' and have it only show a couple of posts in the statistics banner next to my name when I've been on this board over 15 years with thousands of posts trying to help others out or reach out for help with questions when needed.

Looks like they fixed that now, you are now labled a Posting Freak with over 1,180 post. 
Along with what Kent said about looking for old post, you can go to the very last post on this board, on page 512 and see all those post that were made before the site was switched over, here is a link to that page:

https://bigfishtackle.com/forum/forumdis...8&page=512

Well now that makes my previous post look like I don't know what I'm talking about.  Big Grin    So I'll just say.......thanks to whomever fixed that.
"Posting Feak" branded members, after I finally got logged in, I changed my brand on my profile page from Newbie or something like that to "Sturgeon Hooker" and it has remained showing that on my replies that I have posted. Perhaps when I start a thread, it will be changed automatically. Who knows. I like the idea of making my on brand.

On a side note: I had to change my "ulr"(?) from microsoft edge to Modzilla Firefox in order to first log on. To post inline pictures in the old forum, I had to change to Firefox also. There is something about Edge that is not liked by this site.
Good fishing to all.   Hue

if you reset your password and didn't receive the reset password email, please contact us by clicking here.
We'll reset your password for you. Please include your username and the email you used to login with your inquiry.

Hi there, thanks for these instructions.

I'm a new member of the forum.  I tried to sign up for the Home Feed as well, but it wouldn't let me.  It says Registration Closed.

I've been on a forum before, so I can generally figure this stuff out, but I'm not the most tech savvy guy so maybe I'm missing something.
(05-02-2020, 06:36 PM)unwinder Wrote:
Quote:Hi there, thanks for these instructions.

I'm a new member of the forum.  I tried to sign up for the Home Feed as well, but it wouldn't let me.  It says Registration Closed.

I've been on a forum before, so I can generally figure this stuff out, but I'm not the most tech savvy guy so maybe I'm missing something.

Welcome to the site unwinder, I can help you with any questions you have about the site.
yes,i find it,two logins in the new website
checking in to get started