Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gorge 28th and 29th
Went up to the Gorge yesterday am with a couple friends, Rileyfish, Super Dave and Curt to give the ice fishing a try there and hopefully get my 1st koke through the hard deck, also was looking for lakers and we figured we would give the night time burbot a shot. After stopping to get permits and reciprocal stamps as needed we arrived at Anvil around 10am, got things loaded into the sleds and headed out onto the ice
[Image: C5-DFC2-B0-F628-4399-9-FA7-4587-D9817504.jpg]
set up from 60-95' of water between the 4 of us, wasn't marking much but Curt and Dave managed a couple of pups
[Image: E66116-D1-75-A0-436-C-9-AC4-74-ECD7589345.jpg]
About 3:30 we decided to head in and relocate up lake and try for some burbot but that didn't result in any action. Weather was great all day and into the night but we were ready to get dinner fixed and relax along with plan the next day
[Image: 64-B35731-CE6-D-4-F2-E-B3-EB-277-F23-CE98-F6.jpg]
[Image: BA1-BF59-C-E4-E1-4-F15-8-BC7-D61-FDAEEABD3.jpg]
Today we went back to the Anvil area and moved to a different loc and some shallower water to give the kokes another try, after some looking we found kokes in 50' of water and fish ranging from 28' down to 40'. Caught 1 on a Neds jig (pink/white) and the other on a pink ratso below a dodger, slight jigging action. So I was able to check that off the list. Another great weather day with good friends, looking forward to some more ice fishing there in the future along with the soft water season
[Image: 670-CA5-D0-35-D0-45-D0-AC14-D170-FD65-F5-BD.jpg]
[Image: D7-EB6154-EC33-4-BDC-9-C30-A8998-E418965.jpg]
That does not look snowmobile friendly at all Alan.  Since my machine is air cooled. I have to keep my speed over 20 mph or risk overheating the engine.  And my scratchers will not scratch bare ice, so my hyfax overheat and the track bonds (sticks like glue) as soon as I stop.  I guess I'm not going to be able to go to the Gorge unless it gets a good snowcover on the ice. 

Okay, who's stupid idea was it to change the font controls again?  
Angry
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yes Bob pretty much the same as Hyrum but with scattered small patches of snow, definitely a lot more ATVs on the ice then snowmobiles
Hey Alan, thanks for the post... I can't see the pictures on my work computer, but I'll check them later on... Glad you got the kokes... That gorge has been really stingy for me and the group I've been fishing with... One of these trips we will get a few... law of averages needs to even out soon... Later Jeff