Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OC 3/16
Got up to the OC Mon with my uncle from SLC. Water is higher than I've seen it in years! We fished the usual tried and true methods of years past. Very slow start, with me catching the only fish..but it was a dandy! (big female in pic). Probably the biggest female I've caught there over the years (all bigger fish have been males). We went all morning without another single hit. Around 2pm, it picked up a little...I managed another 6 fish, with only 3 of those being respectable at 18"+. Slowest trip to the OC I've ever had. Heard from other guys there that they were killing them the day before....sigh, that's fishing I guess. The worst part is my Uncle who came all the way down from SLC, never even got a hit! Oh well, makes it easier not to make that drive again this year. Last year it was so good that I went 6 times in March alone!  Big Grin

[Image: Pics-Art-03-18-01-45-16.jpg] Until next year OC...
Very nice! Beautiful fish.
Still some great pictures out of it!  Your report makes me feel more desire to go give it a try Smile
Thanks guys...it takes the patience of Job, and the focuse of a young grasshopper...but when they finally hit, it's well worth the long wait! It's exceptionally slow at the OC this year...I've heard it from all my buddies that have fished it. We have had incredible years the last couple, but I think the exceptionally high water this year has changed things. Still fun though....I heard Minersville is having an excellent year though!
(03-23-2020, 07:38 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Thanks guys...it takes the patience of Job, and the focuse of a young grasshopper...but when they finally hit, it's well worth the long wait! It's exceptionally slow at the OC this year...I've heard it from all my buddies that have fished it. We have had incredible years the last couple, but I think the exceptionally high water this year has changed things. Still fun though....I heard Minersville is having an excellent year though!
We still haven't been down to OC. It's not much further than Minersville butthose pictures sure have us wanting to take the detour. 

Minersville like you said is doing well, big healthy bows are hitting better on shore than in the boats. Dad was there sunday and got 12 biggest 24" His buddy fishing from shore got 25, Not sure the size but all fish are fat and healthy as they have ever been.

Thanks for the report. 
fnf Cool