Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Havasu March 28th-29th
[Image: 0-D9-EFA4-D-CE4-E-47-FB-A2-BC-25-F6-BE2-B72-A3.jpg] [Image: 34-B8-F77-D-C005-4-CBA-BEE0-25-AE1-D51-F931.jpg] [Image: D3-E29964-E4-D5-4375-8-A79-D51-E72-CF197-A.jpg] 
Ended up at Havasu after the lakes near mesa were closed. I got skunked but my wife was able to scratch out a few nice sunfish and a striper. She was dragging a bait hook with a worm with a split shot above it. I tried everything and couldn't even buy a bite. The weather was great. Not too hot, nice little breeze and not too packed on the water. The water temp was around 61 in the morning and had warmed up to 65 before we left. This was our first time there but we will definitely be back again!!!
(04-06-2020, 09:57 PM)jaybird77 Wrote: [Image: 0-D9-EFA4-D-CE4-E-47-FB-A2-BC-25-F6-BE2-B72-A3.jpg] [Image: 34-B8-F77-D-C005-4-CBA-BEE0-25-AE1-D51-F931.jpg] [Image: D3-E29964-E4-D5-4375-8-A79-D51-E72-CF197-A.jpg] 
Ended up at Havasu after the lakes near mesa were closed. I got skunked but my wife was able to scratch out a few nice sunfish and a striper. She was dragging a bait hook with a worm with a split shot above it. I tried everything and couldn't even buy a bite. The weather was great. Not too hot, nice little breeze and not too packed on the water. The water temp was around 61 in the morning and had warmed up to 65 before we left. This was our first time there but we will definitely be back again!!!

Great report, I wish I could get my wife out fishing with me, I'd be glad if she caught more than me, just to get her out there. Is any of the sunfish one of those redear variety?
wiperhunter2 pid= Wrote:
jaybird77 pid= Wrote:Ended up at Havasu after the lakes near mesa were closed. I got skunked but my wife was able to scratch out a few nice sunfish and a striper. She was dragging a bait hook with a worm with a split shot above it. I tried everything and couldn't even buy a bite. The weather was great. Not too hot, nice little breeze and not too packed on the water. The water temp was around 61 in the morning and had warmed up to 65 before we left. This was our first time there but we will definitely be back again!!!

Great report, I wish I could get my wife out fishing with me, I'd be glad if she caught more than me, just to get her out there. Is any of the sunfish one of those redear variety?

Yeah it's nice she goes out with me. We always have a good time. Both of them in the pictures are red ears. I heard they grew them big out there but I wasn't sure I believed how big til I saw it with my own eyes!!
Quote:
Quote:Great report, I wish I could get my wife out fishing with me, I'd be glad if she caught more than me, just to get her out there. Is any of the sunfish one of those redear variety?

Yeah it's nice she goes out with me. We always have a good time. Both of them in the pictures are red ears. I heard they grew them big out there but I wasn't sure I believed how big til I saw it with my own eyes!!

Those redear sunfish get huge there, this is what I found out about them in Nevada: Record SunfishRedear 2 5 lbs 12 ozBut in Arizona they get even bigger:
5.78 lb
https://www.outdoorlife.com/blogs/gone-f...ke-havasu/