Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rosevelt 4/10
[Image: A3-A04-A4-A-BB9-F-48-C2-8-E0-A-B5-E188598-E02.jpg] [Image: A97-D7-F4-F-5839-4628-A8-D2-15074-B325683.jpg] [Image: 7-F07-C8-B6-B3-EE-4-D59-9311-E16-A1954-ADA6.jpg] [Image: 32-C0-C112-962-C-4-D8-D-8403-99-B98352-DB37.jpg] Fished Rosevelt again yesterday. I figured since the boat ramp was open I was obliged to use it!!! We made it through two rain storms and a very slow day fishing. In all we caught 4 small largemouths and 1 crappie. We couldn't get the crappie to continue to cooperate once we caught one. The water ranged from 63 in the feeder coves to about 65 in the main body. The crappie should've cooperated better but I think the weather had them a little cranky. I think we missed the good fishing by one day but I'll take what I can get. I guess it'll have to wait till next weekend to slay em then.

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks for the report, glad to hear you were able to get out and catch some fish but it's too bad the crappie did not want to play as good as you hoped. Were there many other folks out there fishing?
<quote option="&quot;wiperhunter2&quot; pid='"><br />
Thanks for the report, glad to hear you were able to get out and catch some fish but it's too bad the crappie did not want to play as good as you hoped. Were there many other folks out there fishing?</quote><br />
There were tons of other boats out. No one else we talked to was catching either so I don't feel so bad. I doubt it was as busy as it usually is since the campgrounds and day use areas were closed and all but I think everyone else is going stir crazy too and needs to get out of the house. How are things up there? Are the lakes open yet?
(04-14-2020, 03:10 AM)jaybird77 Wrote: <quote option="&quot;wiperhunter2&quot; pid='"><br />
Thanks for the report, glad to hear you were able to get out and catch some fish but it's too bad the crappie did not want to play as good as you hoped. Were there many other folks out there fishing?</quote><br />
There were tons of other boats out. No one else we talked to was catching either so I don't feel so bad. I doubt it was as busy as it usually is since the campgrounds and day use areas were closed and all but I think everyone else is going stir crazy too and needs to get out of the house. How are things up there? Are the lakes open yet?
It's about the same, lot's of people getting out, now that the temps are warming up. Most of the lower lakes are open,  Strawberry and those upper lakes still have ice on them. State parks are closed, except for those that live in the county where the state park is located.