Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banjo minnow
so I was watching tv the other night and I saw an infomercial for "the banjominnow" I was wondering if anybody knows if this is a good product, and does it really work?
[signature]
Some people have not had much success with the banjo minnow and they really "bad-mouth" it. However, I have found the banjo minnow to be a great lure for both bass and trout. The plastic minnow is free of any hook and swims realistically in the water (there is a wire attachment that goes on the hook, and you twist that wire through the nose of the fish). I have now adapted the basic principles to other plastic fish imitators.

Lloyd
[signature]
Hey sharkhunter the Banjo Minnow has been around for years now. I first saw infomercials for it probably in about 1997. It started to be sold on the shelf in 1998 and I bought a set at Walmart I think it cost about $20 for the set. Anyway, in clear water they work great for Smallmouth or Largemouth bass. I've never tried using them for anything else, but I caught some nice size smallmouth bass with them at Deer Creek, and a good size Largemouth at Utah Lake as well. A friend even caught a 5 inch largemouth with a 3 inch banjo minnow. Guess it bit off a little bit more than it could chew! lol

Anyway, I don't know what they cost now but they can be quite effective. They look absolutely lifelike in the water and swim and dart back and forth like a wounded baitfish with the best action I've seen in any lure. If you can use a senko than it works pretty much the same way.
[signature]
I bought a set when they first came out. I used it a few times, and caught some largemouth bass. One bass hit when I was in some real slop, just hopping the minnow between small openings. The action on those is quite realistic. I don't fish many bass in the summer months anymore, so my son uses them now. He is only 13, and he catches bass on them too.
[signature]
sorry that guest was me. and thanksagain for the help.
[signature]