Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Year of the Covid Garden
With all of my time at home this spring I have been able to work on my garden adding capacity and improving the aesthetics. I added my sixth garden box, I have four that are 4'x4', one that is 10'x3' and the new one that is 12'x2.5', they are all 18' tall with 9" of road base or gravel in the bottom and 9" of amended top soil on top. I built a picket fence to keep the dog out of the garden, put in gravel pads with pavers between my boxes, built a small bench and treated a 30"x30' strip between my boxes and fence with ground clear then covered it in black plastic. I am gong to let that strip compost until next year, uncover it turn over and amend the soil then plant a row of sun flowers next to the fence and two staggard rows of corn on it. What have you guys been working on, I would love to hear about it and see some pictures.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice adds and looking good. 

With our house being built and a pole barn being built last fall in Dec I started closing in the "lean" portion for a carpentry shop in the back and hunting fishing work area in the front. So it's been an ongoing project for a few months now, with the Covid virus things going on it's pretty much been my self isolation area finishing the inside, tape,texture, paint trim, hanging doors, building cabinets and work benches. The framing picture was early Feb
[Image: 68-C064-CA-2567-4-CC7-B345-F327-FAFC656-B.jpg] [Image: C713-A67-F-49-E3-44-FF-AA89-41-E5-FC0-E77-C2.jpg] [Image: 8-C55-F942-5043-471-B-BC07-49-B02-C4-C6584.jpg]  [Image: E214-F800-3660-4489-9700-0116-A592-CA96.jpg] [Image: 14-C24607-16-BA-4-E7-A-98-C0-0-D1-FBFD5-BE9-D.jpg] [Image: 0-F8-FB89-B-AEC1-40-A1-A560-24-F9-DE85-C61-D.jpg] [Image: B1-C37-C46-6878-4-DD2-AF6-F-37-A2-DD21-A7-E3.jpg] [Image: 0-ABAF80-E-04-D2-4-BB0-9-B90-32-CD6-F1429-DD.jpg]
That looks great I really like your work bench and cabnets did you build them yourself? I also have done some remodeling, The pump went out on our washer and my wife said it was time to buy a new set, which turned into a laundry room/guest bathroom remodel.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice job, it came out very nice, we have the same taste in hardware style  Cool  
yes I built the cabinets and the butcher block bench
2knots - Looks really nice, where were you keeping all this stuff before - in the same space but it was open to the boat storage area? 

obi - looks like you should earn kudos from the wife and any guests - nice space. My son loves that hardware style, he even made his own curtain rods (see pics - he painted these silver, but he has black ones in another room ) - did you build the light fixture? If so where did you find those black sockets, or did you end up painting one black? 
[Image: IMG-2501.jpg]
jjannie pid= Wrote:2knots - Looks really nice, where were you keeping all this stuff before - in the same space but it was open to the boat storage area? 

obi - looks like you should earn kudos from the wife and any guests - nice space. My son loves that hardware style, he even made his own curtain rods (see pics - he painted these silver, but he has black ones in another room ) - did you build the light fixture? If so where did you find those black sockets, or did you end up painting one black? 

Thanks
Some was in the rental we are in while the house is being built and the rest was in storage, still more stuff in storage  Dodgy I kept the area with the boat in it as clear of stuff as possible so I had a area for my saws and materials I needed for the build
2knots - I am sure it felt nice to get all your 'stuff' back. You've put it to good use that's for sure. Nice job!
(04-25-2020, 02:33 PM)jjannie Wrote: 2knots - Looks really nice, where were you keeping all this stuff before - in the same space but it was open to the boat storage area? 

My wife ordered the light fixture from home depot, everything else i made useing black pipe.
(04-26-2020, 03:34 AM)obifishkenobi Wrote:
(04-25-2020, 02:33 PM)jjannie Wrote: 2knots - Looks really nice, where were you keeping all this stuff before - in the same space but it was open to the boat storage area? 

My wife ordered the light fixture from home depot, everything else i made useing black pipe.
ah, I thought that may have been case.... ok I'll let our son know..... thanks