Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Receiving notices
If anyone is receiving notices when someone replies to them or sends them a PM please let me know exactly how you have your BFT configured.  I do not receive any notices.
Under your user cp, go to edit options and check the box to receive alerts when someone messages me.
At the bottom of the page on threads on the left hand side there are three icons, the bottom one is a subscribe to thread icon, click on that and can set what notification you get when someone replies to that thread.
Thanks, but unfortunately I am doing all of those.  I will keep tweaking things and see if I can get it to work.
Have you checked to see if notices are going into your junk/spam folder in your email.
That can be a problem.  There are settings in your email app (I use MS Outlook) that could be blocking the BFT notifications.  Also, I use an ISP that also has a spam shield in place and your's could also be sending the notifications to the trash/spam bin.  I have to use webmail to look at the ISP server to see what is in that trash/spam folders as those never get downloaded to my computer email app.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
(04-28-2020, 01:15 PM)dubob Wrote: That can be a problem.  There are settings in your email app (I use MS Outlook) that could be blocking the BFT notifications.  Also, I use an ISP that also has a spam shield in place and your's could also be sending the notifications to the trash/spam bin.  I have to use webmail to look at the ISP server to see what is in that trash/spam folders as those never get downloaded to my computer email app.

Bob, you are life saver here thanks for giving that info to Kent, he has been having one heck of a time getting his notices working again, hopefully what you suggested is the answer.