Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eagle Valley 4/18/20
Went up with the family last Saturday.  We were there early.  Bit cool for the women/kids but had a heater for the early morning.  Beautiful day and EXCELLENT fishing.  We took home 18 fish and let about 20 more go (including 3 good size trout I let out of my hands by accident).

Caught a bunch of Tigers on a yellow/red Panther Martin and one on power bait (the largest, go figure).  Would suggest to anyone making the drive with the kids (or without) right now.  It's awesome up there, both fishing and weather.

Next up, Sand Hollow tomorrow morning for some bass!  Just opened it up to everyone today!

[Image: 0aVmrip.jpg]
Looks  like some nice future tacos. Glad you guys had fun.
Wow, that is a nice haul, way to slay them. I hear Sand Hollow is on fire for bass and some decent crappie too. Thanks for the report and pics.
Did ok at Sand Hollow.  Not great but considering how it was......

We ended up going in the afternoon.  Got there about 3:15 MST.  The park was closed to cars by that point.  We had to walk in.  I've NEVER seen this place so packed this early in the season.  We've been going to SH for about 6 years now and it's never been that busy.  Water was complete chop (we were shore fishing but still) and tons of shore fisherman.  Bass boats were already gone/leaving but I'm sure they were pressured hard in the morning.

In the end we did ok.  Brought back 7 bass and let about 4-5 more go.  Definitely hasn't turned on yet.  Another week or so will probably make it prime fishing.

[Image: DZ715Pc.jpg]
Quote:Wow, looks like you did really good, considering the time of day you got there and with all that pressure. How many hours did you fish? What type of lures were you using. Thanks for posting your report and pics.
Tried various plastics/crankbaits/swimbaits.  Only one we were getting them on was Berkley Chigger Craws.  Lots of people fishing but only 1 other family caught anything that we saw.  About 10 other fisherman came and went with nothing.

Fished for about 4 hours, but that included setup/breakdown and helping with the kids.  Not a horrible day but not great by any means.