Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jjannie's 2020 gardening
(11-13-2020, 02:07 AM)Cowboypirate Wrote: I had a couple getting up towards 100 lbs at the ranch when the squirrels got to them. I know that's not really a giant, but they could have been 300 if they could have finished out. I been reading up on growing true giants this fall and looking at where to start amending a good plot at the ranch
 If you have the space for one there are many hoop style greenhouses on KSL that will give a jump on gardening in the spring and extend some things into late fall. If you put doors in each end leave it open all summer for some better pollination and breezes. Some even have rollup sides to get more air air flow. We are not allowed to have this style even the house-style we do have took getting an approval from our HOA as it doesn't really 'match' our house's look.  

I was considering growing a few pumpkin plants just for Halloween carving for the grandkids and the toasting seeds, just not sure yet. If I do, they'd have to be grown outside our smaller greenhouse. Think I could start the seeds in the GH then transplant the plants into really large pots once frost scare has past. It's be worth a test run anyway.