Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CenturyLink and BFT
Is anyone, who has CenturyLink as their Internet provider, receiving notices from BFT?
I have Centurylink.  And no, I have not received any notices of messages or replies...in spite of all I can do to request them.
(04-28-2020, 07:03 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: Is anyone, who has CenturyLink as their Internet provider, receiving notices from BFT?

Under my old user name (Dog-Lover) using Centurylink I attempted to log in and would receive the Canned message that I would receive a Email to assist me (maybe 20 times or more) I've never recied a single message to the centurylink account.
Changed user name and used Gmail for the new account.
I have been in discussions with CenturyLink support and they keep saying that they can't see anything blocked on "MY SERVICE".  I keep telling them that the block is up higher than my service.  Maybe I got them to understand that these blocked messages aren't in my spam folder, but then again I doubt it.  Before the recent upgrade, I was able to set up my account using a Gmail account that would then forward my BFT notices to my CenturyLink email account.  That worked fine until the upgrade.  After the upgrade all I got were error messages in Gmail whenever it attempted for forward a message to CenturyLink.
I had a problem several years ago with getting notices from a specific company.  It took several phone calls to my service provider to finally get them to admit that the actual 'server' used by my provider was owned by another company other than my provider company.  The company that owned the server had some restrictions in place that were blocking the notifications from the specific company I needed to hear from.  After I contacted the company that actually owned the server, I was then able to get the email notifications un-blocked and sent to my inbox.  You may want to grill the CenturyLink folks about this (grill them hard) and see if they might be using a server other than there own.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I am using the same ISP that I have had for over 18 years. First it was Qwest, then my email address was changed to just  @q.com, then late last year I had to get a new PC, and with the new OS, it wouldn't "find" that old email. So I had to change my email again, this time to @comcast.net (which I am told is who absorbed Qwest). 
I was still getting email BFT notifications of replies to my posts or threads I was following. But since the change over to this new BFT format, I have not received one single email notice.  They aren't going to my Spam folder, I have set up my profile on BFT with all the selections to receive notifications, my email listed in my profile is correct, Comcast (Xfinity) customer service can see NO reason why any emails would not be coming thru, I still get emails from all my other senders, and I can still send a txt from my old flip phone to my email address with a photo included. I just can't get any BFT notifications Huh
And I had so much trouble getting on  the new site, then getting BACK on the new site, just decided to leave well enough alone. I can just go on to BFT and select the link at the top "view new posts" and I can see everything I want.  
IMHO, it isn't the ISP's we all have, cuz there are some different ones. I think it is something in the way the new site is set up. 
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
(04-28-2020, 10:53 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: I am using the same ISP that I have had for over 18 years. First it was Qwest, then my email address was changed to just  @q.com, then late last year I had to get a new PC, and with the new OS, it wouldn't "find" that old email. So I had to change my email again, this time to @comcast.net (which I am told is who absorbed Qwest).
Qwest was taken over by CenturyLink.
(04-29-2020, 12:02 AM)kentofnsl Wrote:
(04-28-2020, 10:53 PM)Tin-Can Wrote: I am using the same ISP that I have had for over 18 years. First it was Qwest, then my email address was changed to just  @q.com, then late last year I had to get a new PC, and with the new OS, it wouldn't "find" that old email. So I had to change my email again, this time to @comcast.net (which I am told is who absorbed Qwest).

Qwest was taken over by CenturyLink.

OK. Maybe the reason my ISP changed to Comcast was when I moved to my apartment in 2016, that is the service provider that is under contract to the
complex. But even then, until last year I was still using the @q.com address and Outlook 2010. When I had to get new PC, preloaded with Windows 10 (not my favorite) had to  use Outlook 2016 (I think it is) and set up a entire new email account. Still, my notifications from BFT stopped when the new format site came up a few months ago.
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
My old Login ( Dog-Lover) used a Centurylink account for 15 years and I received notifications. After the new upgrade I was never able to retain my old accont useing that Email address.  I could use the old account and click lost password and get the canned message the the BFT Service would send me instructions to restore the account with Centurylink but none wer ever received by me. I check Junk regularly and had nothing.

A good test would be to make a request by Email from your Century account  to have BFT reply to that request and see if is actually delivered to you.   BFT address below.

bigfishtackle@yahoo.com
(04-29-2020, 02:30 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote: A good test would be to make a request by Email from your Century account  to have BFT reply to that request and see if is actually delivered to you.   BFT address below.

bigfishtackle@yahoo.com

I just sent an email to this address.  I have had Curtis try sending me a message to my email account (a new feature with the new software) and those emails don't make it to me.
(04-29-2020, 02:30 PM)Fowl-Hook Wrote: My old Login ( Dog-Lover) used a Centurylink account for 15 years and I received notifications. After the new upgrade I was never able to retain my old accont.

Mike, if you are interested in getting your old username back, I can help you with that?