Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
panguitch yesterday
Yesterday afternoon I tried Pantuitch lake on the way back from Sand Hollow.  Arrived around 3:00 pm to stiff winds and muddy runoff.  Visibility was poor, owing I think to the combination of those things.  Never had a take and got discouraged after a couple of hours, though I heard rumor of another float tuber catching a rainbow.  I had also beeen up since 3:30 am to get to Sand Hollow at a reasonable time, so I offer that in defense of my meager effort.
(05-01-2020, 06:23 PM)_6x_ Wrote: Yesterday afternoon I tried Pantuitch lake on the way back from Sand Hollow.  Arrived around 3:00 pm to stiff winds and muddy runoff.  Visibility was poor, owing I think to the combination of those things.  Never had a take and got discouraged after a couple of hours, though I heard rumor of another float tuber catching a rainbow.  I had also beeen up since 3:30 am to get to Sand Hollow at a reasonable time, so I offer that in defense of my meager effort.

Sounds like tough conditions. I've never fished Panguitch but hope to this year. Just curious, how easy is it to access for a tube or pontoon fisherman? Boat ramp only or are there launch points around the reservoir?
Spent the last 3 days at SH.  Bass on the fly was great.  Gills one right after another. Nice wide big ones.  Like Pelican was 20 years ago.
(05-01-2020, 06:23 PM)_6x_ Wrote: Yesterday afternoon I tried Pantuitch lake on the way back from Sand Hollow.  Arrived around 3:00 pm to stiff winds and muddy runoff.  Visibility was poor, owing I think to the combination of those things.  Never had a take and got discouraged after a couple of hours, though I heard rumor of another float tuber catching a rainbow.  I had also beeen up since 3:30 am to get to Sand Hollow at a reasonable time, so I offer that in defense of my meager effort.

I was fishing Panguitch from a tube.  There are good launch areas on the Southwestern side of the lake.  You can find a variety of access points along the southern shore.  

As for Sand Hollow, sounds like I should have tried some other things!  Will have to get back down there when time permits.  Thanks for the updates.