Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got Started on the Boat
Some new spark plugs and new light bulbs in the trailer and she's ready to go. Turned up the idle a bit, threw in a battery and the old girl fired right up. Be in the lake Wednesday weather permitting.
(06-15-2020, 11:25 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: Some new spark plugs and new light bulbs in the trailer and she's ready to go. Turned up the idle a bit, threw in a battery and the old girl fired right up. Be in the lake Wednesday weather permitting.

Good luck, hope it runs good on the water.
I'm sure it will, already runs better than last year.
Finally kicked the girl out of the yard the other day, neighbor was very happy with all the new upgrades.
[Image: KIMG0560.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0559.jpg]
Looks like it needed some TLC.
Yea, it did, some new seats, new carpet, motor cover fixed and a set of plugs, helped it out quite a bit.
Looks good, I bet you neighbor is glad you are so handy with projects like that.
I cringe every time I see a boat parked by someone's house without any type of cover on it.
Yea, no cover doesn't do any of the interior any good, as was the case here, still needs a bit of upholstery work on the front cushions. Seats came with the boat when he bought it, I picked up some cheap indoor/outdoor carpet for the rest and used a deck sealer for all the new wood, refiberglassed the corners on the motor cover to strengthen them back up, fixed a couple cup holders that were gone. Did all for a little money, but just a cheap cover would have saved that money for better things. I believe he told me it sat for 7-8 years before he got, hopefully we finally got all the bugs worked out in the last year. Now just need to get a top ordered.
(06-26-2020, 01:03 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: Looks good, I bet you neighbor is glad you are so handy with projects like that.
He is, he's totally happy with it. I know a guy quoted him around $1200 to do what I did for a couple hundred. Plus he's really happy with the fillet board that I made for him this winter.
Wow, you saved him a ton of money, may to go, you are for sure a great neighbor. By the way, do you have pic that fillet board you made him? Just curious what kind of wood you made it from. 
[Image: KIMG0196.jpg]

I just make them out of pine, using scrap pieces of wood from other projects.
(06-28-2020, 06:24 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: [Image: KIMG0196.jpg]

I just make them out of pine, using scrap pieces of wood from other projects.
OK, looks just like the one I use to for filleting walleye.
Yep, I had a eagle claw wood board that split and warped, I used it as a template to make mine.