Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The IT guys have found the problem with BFT
Here is what they just told me, so hopefully this will be fixed in a few days:

" We ran the analysis- and to make a long story short-there's an issue with all the pictures being uploaded and the way users are doing so---they are going to save all pictures recently being uploaded for a contest we are running separately and outside the website through another server— The pictures will not be available for a few days— we will need to run some additional test on the website without the Pics to see if the issue is resolved— we are shooting to be back up by Friday—"
Will that just fix the picture issue or the EXTREME slowness issue also?
Glad they found something. I have wondered if the frustration was worth it with the way is currently workiing.
It has been extremely slow for me also. Often not loading the pages at all. Practically unusable.
(05-21-2020, 01:27 AM)kentofnsl Wrote: Will that just fix the picture issue or the EXTREME slowness issue also?
Kent, what they are saying is that the pictures are what is causing the site to run so slow. It sounds like someone is using an outside source to post pics on this site and that is the issue but we won't know until they remove all the posted pics and see if the site will work properly.
Kent, what they are saying is that the pictures are what is causing the site to run so slow.

It would seem to me that loading pictures is a process that would Follow simply getting logged into the site or having your credentials authenticated.  Took 1.5 min for loggin credentials to be authenticated. 2 min to simply access the site for the initial connection, slow is way to fast a term to describe the performance at 2:00am..  Wish them Luck
Wow, the site is responding FAST this morning. Sure hope that it lasts.
Wow, was just checking over the Cat Contest for new posts, and site response speed jumped from "dead turtle" speed  to running Willard Wiper speed. Which compared to last couple weeks is almost faster than I can see the screen change.

Hope this fix is a real fix not just a Band-Aid.

Hey, I don't see the Spell Check icon, but it just auto checked and underlined a word for me. Smile  Kinda just like a real word computer system.............. Big Grin .
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Working Great for me now too! Great work BFT Support!
Glad to see things out of the tar pits and a little more like it used to be... Holding my breathe and hoping for the best... Jeff
When things get stressful think I'll go fish'en and worry about it tomorrow!
Jeff, don't hold your breath too long............you will need it for that next big Bull Catfish you hook Smile

Cool
Its working great now Big Grin
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
So much better! I'm glad they figured it out!
Thats awesome for sure. When I opened the forum it came up right away. And just in time for the Memorial Day weekend. Great job.
Fixed for me. It's like having an old friend move back into town. Never realized how much time I spend here until it was down. (Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing).
Yahoooooooooo....
I think
Remember: keep the lid on the worms, share your jerky, and stop by to say hi to Cookie and the Cowboy-Pirate crew
Pretty slow here still, the other day would not load at all.
Just tried it with Microsoft Edge and its work but on the slooow side still. Able to reply now as before I was unable to with MS Edge. Its fast using Firefox for me.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Pretty good this morning. I just posted a reply on the new phone I'm learning to use. And I'm up at BRBR getting skunked, kinda. Just 1 Carp so far ?[Image: 20200522-102203.jpg]
 Only took a minute to load the photo.

Cool