Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Idaho greenhouse pics
A year ago I bought a green house and took it up to Idaho and put it on my kids property in Nampa. We got it up a running last year but never finished building the open end enclosures. This Spring, a little over a month ago, we got up there and finished enclosing the end and planted the garden. Check out how much it grew in a month, you can click on each pic to enlarge it..

[Image: 100-3275.jpg] 

[Image: 100-3276.jpg]

[Image: 100-3277.jpg]

[Image: 100-3278.jpg]
That is a lot of growth in one month.
(06-05-2020, 04:10 PM)wiperhunter2 Wrote: A year ago I bought a green house and took it up to Idaho and put it on my kids property in Nampa. We got it up a running last year but never finished building the open end enclosures. This Spring, a little over a month ago, we got up there and finished enclosing the end and planted the garden. Check out how much it grew in a month, you can click on each pic to enlarge it..

[Image: 100-3275.jpg] 

[Image: 100-3276.jpg]

[Image: 100-3277.jpg]

[Image: 100-3278.jpg]
My Garden has come a long way in the past month as well. I noticed my first zucchini are on the vine and my tomatoes are blossoming I have been harvesting strawberries nearly everyday for over a week. This is the best my garden had looked this early in the year.

Attached Files Image(s)

(06-05-2020, 06:42 PM)kentofnsl Wrote: That is a lot of growth in one month.

I know pretty crazy huh. They did buy those plants that were already started but they were not very big. I think the reason it grew so good was the doors were closed and when we got there it was like a sauna, it must have been 20 degrees hotter inside. As I walked in, there was rain drops on the plastic above, that came down as I walked through. I told them they needed to leave the doors open during the day or bees could not get in and pollinate the blossoms.
(06-05-2020, 07:12 PM)obifishkenobi Wrote: My Garden has come a long way in the past month as well. I noticed my first zucchini are on the vine and my tomatoes are blossoming I have been harvesting strawberries nearly everyday for over a week. This is the best my garden had looked this early in the year.

Wow, your garden does look good, much better than mine here in Utah.
That looks great, I need to build a smaller one for my better half. Did make this plant hanger and some planter boxes she wanted. Plus scattered planters along the walk in preparation for all our company we had today.
[Image: KIMG0532.jpg]

free dice spinner game

[Image: KIMG0521.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0540.jpg]
The last pics I took of our GH in Idaho was 8 days ago, look how much it's grown since then.

[Image: greenhouse1.jpg]

[Image: greenhouse2.jpg]

[Image: greenhouse3.jpg]

[Image: greenhouse4.jpg]

[Image: greenhouse5.jpg]

[Image: greenhouse6.jpg]

image upload
(06-05-2020, 11:22 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: That looks great, I need to build a smaller one for my better half. Did make this plant hanger and some planter boxes she wanted. Plus scattered planters along the walk in preparation for all our company we had today.
Your planter box looks nice, good job.
I knew it'd be like a jungle by now - it's doing really well. You have a lot of space in there to be growing corn! Besides bees, opening the doors on the ends allows air flow that also helps with pollination too.
(06-07-2020, 04:20 AM)jjannie Wrote: I knew it'd be like a jungle by now - it's doing really well. You have a lot of space in there to be growing corn! Besides bees, opening the doors on the ends allows air flow that also helps with pollination too.
The difference between this year and last year is the ends of the greenhouse are now enclosed, I guess when the ends are totally enclosed it causes the temps and the humidity to go up, looks like plants love that.
(06-06-2020, 03:45 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
(06-05-2020, 11:22 PM)meancuznalfy Wrote: That looks great, I need to build a smaller one for my better half. Did make this plant hanger and some planter boxes she wanted. Plus scattered planters along the walk in preparation for all our company we had today.
Thanks, I've made a few round ones in various sizes for her a few years ago that turned out good enough, that I had to make quite a few for other people that saw them.
(06-11-2020, 01:49 AM)meancuznalfy Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 03:45 AM)wiperhunter2 Wrote:
Thanks, I've made a few round ones in various sizes for her a few years ago that turned out good enough, that I had to make quite a few for other people that saw them.
Round ones, never seen anything like that, got and pics of them?
I did a 15" and a 12", plus a hexagonal one for her. The others where a 20", 15" and a 12", I made those as a set for other people. They're made from a 1/2" plywood base and 3/16" Tongue and groove pine paneling boards and some #9 copper wire to hold the top together. I made them cause she saw some at cal ranch that she liked, but were way expensive.
[Image: KIMG0546.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0545.jpg]

[Image: KIMG0544.jpg]
I like those round boxes, just the right size for Flowers or even tomato plants.
Yep, they work great, I just put a clear coat on them, now they have a nice weathered look to them.
we've used those fire rings  as base for some of our planters. Jeff put cedar fence boards around one of them. he made 2 shallow grooves in the boards to run copper wires to hold them all in place. We use these ring planters 1 for poppies, it has boards around it, the other 2 are for watermelons and cantaloupe. Its nice because they drain out on bottoms and never rust. He's going to 'wood' the sides of the melons ones, eventually.

I'll try to grab a good picture of boards and wiring, then I'll update this with it. Jeff said he also tapers the sides of boards a bit so they'd lay nicer next to each other. 

[Image: 20200621-Fire-Ring-planter-box.jpg]
Here are the latest Idaho GH pics, some of theses are from a week ago, some are from Thurs, the day we drove back down. If any of you have question about what some of this stuff is, please ask. The tassels(sp?) are now appearing on the corn. We have been picking bell peppers, hot peppers, cukes, kale, leaf lettuce, yellow squash, snow peas and just before we left it looks like the Zucchini was just about ready. Not sure why but the radish did not fill out properly but were 3 ft tall and hot as any radish I've ever tried but only as wide as pencil. [Image: 100-3304.jpg]

[Image: 100-3305.jpg]

[Image: 100-3306.jpg]

[Image: 100-3307.jpg]

[Image: 100-3308.jpg]

[Image: 100-3309.jpg]

[Image: 100-3310.jpg]

[Image: 100-3311.jpg]

[Image: 100-3312.jpg]

[Image: 100-3313.jpg]

[Image: 100-3314.jpg]

[Image: 100-3315.jpg]

[Image: 100-3316.jpg]

[Image: 100-3318.jpg]

[Image: 100-3319.jpg]

[Image: 100-3321.jpg]

[Image: 100-3322.jpg]

[Image: 100-3323.jpg]

[Image: 100-3326.jpg]
Looks great Curt! That corn is almost touching the roof! Everything seems to be growing nicely.
(06-22-2020, 01:34 AM)jjannie Wrote: Looks great Curt! That corn is almost touching the roof! Everything seems to be growing nicely.
It actually is touching the roof, even bending over some from hitting the plastic. I should have taken a closer pic but it was that high, just hard to see in that pic.
That is tall! Ever try freeze drying corn off the cob? We have, works really nicely. We had to buy frozen corn to use but since you're growing some it'd give you a way to keep it. It also re-hydrates easily.