Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prop damage
I was there the day they found the first drowned girl at Lincoln Beach. In fact I was so close to where she was found in the water that the investigator asked me to move away. The water was pretty rough and I figured there would be a flurry of activity so I decided to leave. When I got to the loading ramp they were launching a bunch of boats. Several boats were crowding the harbor. In fact one went so close behind me that we collided slightly. In trying to get out of the way, and with the wind blowing so strongly, I ended up clear over beside the bank. If I had had more experience I probably wouldn't have gotten in that mess, but there it is. I shut off my motor to try to protect my prop. I forgot to raise my motor before I started it again and heard that awful sound that's made by prop hitting rock. Two of the blades were banged up fairly significantly. The boat goes through the water okay but I'm wondering what to do about it. Do I need to repair it somehow? Should I file it smooth?I have a spare prop--should I just change it out? Oh, the rest of the story: a nice guy towed me back into the middle of the harbor after all the furor died down. Now that I think about it I might have been able to use my electric motor to get me away from the rocks and the bank.
The older I get the more I would rather be considered a good man than a good fisherman.

Do you have a pic of the damage? I'd suggest you change it right away, if it is as bad as it sounds, you can always get it repaired later but it could do some damaged to your foot seal, if the damage is too much.
Try the Prop Doc in Orem. He’ll get it taken care of if it’s fixable.
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!