Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, I ordered a boat...
[i]I like boat projects, I'm interested in the gadgets your going to install.  Big Grin  With this nice weather you should be able to get some break in time on your motor some how even though registration is a stall.[/i]
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
Number one gadget was the Mercury Vessel View Mobile, but the dealer did that. I only had to link a device to it by Bluetooth. I had planned to use a 7" tablet for that, but there may not be quite enough room for one. A cell phone is the next option. Either one gives me GPS mapping.

I have ordered the following:

Prop Alert Safety Cover https://www.thepropalert.com/

Rod Tamer straps https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/T-H_Mari...THMRT.html

miscellaneous stuff like a Tongue lock, lure holder, and marker buoys.

Like almost every other Classic buyer, I'll be upgrading the entry-level Lowrance finder, likely with either a 7" Lowrance Elite or Reveal with side imaging. And as soon as the factory batteries die, I'm going to get Ionic lithium ones. I already have a two-bank onboard charger installed. I'll also get a handheld VHF radio and spare props for both motors.
I stopped in at Fred's Marine Monday to see what they have. Got lots of help there and took home a catalog to finalize what I want. I expect to order one soon.
I am very happy with how I was treated at Fred's Marine. My guy is Andrew and he was extremely helpful throughout the many months of ordering and waiting. Be prepared for a long wait; Covidiocy has really hit boat production hard. Fred's hasn't gotten a Tracker Pontoon boat in more than a year, as one example. If there had been a boat show this year, they would have been hurting for anything to show.

I got my Classic earlier than I planned only because somebody else canceled their order. Still haven't gotten it wet - but soon! The first three hours of motor break-in will likely be done circling Willard. With me dressed like an Eskimo. LOL! At least the ramp will be empty for me to learn launch and landing.
Hey Rocky, 

When you plan to hit Willard, will you let me know a day or 2 in advance ?   Smile  

I would really like to be there to watch  Big Grin   Tongue  and lend a hand if you need one.   
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool