Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuel line
Hey all , I'm planning to switch my kicker motor fuel line over to my main Tank. I want replace the old fuel line with some new stuff. Do any of you have a preference on the type of fuel line you use.  
(06-21-2020, 04:06 PM)AFDan52 Wrote: Hey all , I'm planning to switch my kicker motor fuel line over to my main Tank. I want replace the old fuel line with some new stuff. Do any of you have a preference on the type of fuel line you use.  

When I switched over to my main tank for my kicker motor, I do believe I got the new fuel line at Lowes but I know you can go to any marina, like Lee's or Dick's and buy it too. I think the gray line is better than the black fuel line.
Thanks Curt , one of the boat shops will probably be my next stop.  Big Grin
(06-21-2020, 04:06 PM)AFDan52 Wrote: Hey all , I'm planning to switch my kicker motor fuel line over to my main Tank. I want replace the old fuel line with some new stuff. Do any of you have a preference on the type of fuel line you use.  
Not sure about yours, but when I did it once I went cheap and after engine running bad, googleing , talking to boat mechanics went with genuine MERCURY primer bulb and hose, NO problems, was told its how the primer bulb works in side, check ball verses flapper, and it wasn't that much more, but its on my main motor, recommend OEM parts.
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]
(06-22-2020, 04:02 PM)MSM1970 Wrote:
Not sure about yours, but when I did it once I went cheap and after engine running bad, googleing , talking to boat mechanics went with genuine MERCURY primer bulb and hose, NO problems, was told its how the primer bulb works in side, check ball verses flapper, and it wasn't that much more, but its on my main motor, recommend OEM parts.
        Thanks Mike.

Hi all , well this is a quick update. I finally managed to get to the fuel line issue in question , and to my surprise i found that my boat was already plumbed for the kicker motor. The fuel line was hidden under the rear deck . Smile
Well that is good news, so all you need now is a fuel line or was that hidden under the rear deck as well?
Curt , yes there was a fuel line . I'm going to change it anyway for fear of cracking , better safe than sorry.
(06-29-2020, 03:36 PM)AFDan52 Wrote:           
                Hi all , well this is a quick update. I finally managed to get to the fuel line issue in question , and to my surprise i found that my boat was already plumbed for the kicker motor. The fuel line was hidden under the rear deck . Smile
Thats a good thing having the 2 lines plumbed from the tank, sometimes splitting the main line can cause problems, I had to split the main line, after working out a bunch of buggs, it has worked great for a couple years, [Image: IMG-20200215-100859365.jpg][Image: IMG-20200215-100859365.jpg]
               O.C.F.D.
[Image: download.jpg]