Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith & Morehouse 6-25-20
Fished the inlet at Smith & Morehouse in the tube for a few hours this morning. Great fun catching multiple species on dries with the 3 weight. Not much size but the action was non-stop. Caught most on small griffith's gnats and renegades. Got on the water at 6:30, no one else really showed up till about 10.  The scenery alone is always amazing!

[Image: IMG-E7161.jpg][Image: IMG-E7163.jpg][Image: IMG-E7164.jpg][Image: IMG-E7162.jpg][Image: IMG-E7173.jpg][Image: IMG-E7169.jpg][Image: IMG-E7166.jpg][Image: IMG-E7168.jpg]
And a parachute fly of some sort! Great pics! SNM is great fun this time of year! That inlet in the early morning and evening is some of the best dry fly action! Glad to see the Grayling are growing up! thx for the little trip while i'm stuck at work!
(06-25-2020, 08:03 PM)fishalot13 Wrote: And a parachute fly of some sort! Great pics! SNM is great fun this time of year! That inlet in the early morning and evening is some of the best dry fly action! Glad to see the Grayling are growing up! thx for the little trip while i'm stuck at work!

Any thing to help you get through the work day! Yes, the breeze came up around 9:30 and I put on a bigger fly to help my challenged eye sight. Sometimes those small fish will take a shot at a big meal!
(06-25-2020, 08:15 PM)Riffle Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:03 PM)fishalot13 Wrote: And a parachute fly of some sort! Great pics! SNM is great fun this time of year! That inlet in the early morning and evening is some of the best dry fly action! Glad to see the Grayling are growing up! thx for the little trip while i'm stuck at work!

Any thing to help you get through the work day! Yes, the breeze came up around 9:30 and I put on a bigger fly to help my challenged eye sight. Sometimes those small fish will take a shot at a big meal!

Great report and photos... thank you for sharing.

I was actually planning a trip to S&M for tomorrow, but talked myself into going back to Strawberry after Monday's drag-burning Troutapalooza.

Assume the water has cleared up at S&M?
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
(06-25-2020, 09:03 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote:
(06-25-2020, 08:15 PM)Riffle Wrote:

Great report and photos... thank you for sharing.

I was actually planning a trip to S&M for tomorrow, but talked myself into going back to Strawberry after Monday's drag-burning Troutapalooza.

Assume the water has cleared up at S&M?

It was had some turbidity at the inlet. Didn’t seem to hinder the fishing though.
Looks like a great morning! Thanks for sharing!