Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7/1
Hit Strawberry this morning on the toon from 6 to 11am. Water was glass till right about 10:30 when the wind went from zero to 15 out of the south in about 5 minutes! Funny thing was although I did well during the calm conditions, the cutts were on the bite non-stop while I was fighting my way back against the wind. 

Fish were stacked pretty much in all levels of the water column, surface water temps were 55 - 56 degrees.  Most cutts caught were in the slot, and I never hooked a bow.

Thanks to Joe Dizzy who gave me some tips which really helped. I had the most success on Denny's Stillwater bug - at least my version of it. Interestingly the bite slowed before the wind came up and I moved from an intermediate sink to full sink line. I probably caught more on the full sink than the floating and intermediates. Go figure.

[Image: IMG-E7184.jpg][Image: IMG-E7188.jpg][Image: IMG-E7194.jpg][Image: IMG-E7190.jpg]
(07-01-2020, 11:28 PM)Riffle Wrote: Hit Strawberry this morning on the toon from 6 to 11am. Water was glass till right about 10:30 when the wind went from zero to 15 out of the south in about 5 minutes! Funny thing was although I did well during the calm conditions, the cutts were on the bite non-stop while I was fighting my way back against the wind. 

Fish were stacked pretty much in all levels of the water column, surface water temps were 55 - 56 degrees.  Most cutts caught were in the slot, and I never hooked a bow.

Thanks to Joe Dizzy who gave me some tips which really helped. I had the most success on Denny's Stillwater bug - at least my version of it. Interestingly the bite slowed before the wind came up and I moved from an intermediate sink to full sink line. I probably caught more on the full sink than the floating and intermediates. Go figure.

[Image: IMG-E7184.jpg][Image: IMG-E7188.jpg][Image: IMG-E7194.jpg][Image: IMG-E7190.jpg]

Nice work! You're off and running now... success breeds more success.

Thanks for sharing and the shout out Wink

Tight lines!
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring