Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kolob 4th of July Weekend
Well, after a long recovery from the heart ache of Kolob being poisoned...I finally made it back up there after a year and a half. It was nice to be back up there, missed it. The family and I spent the whole weekend up there, and the weather was beautiful. The crowds however, were not so beautiful, lol. Busy, busy! Water is way up, which was nice to see. Ended up catching a ton of fish, mostly bows, but did manage some cutts, tigers and even little brookies. Flies of the trip were a simple, small brown simiseal balanced leech and a large bh hares ear. Action was shallow, in no more then 3ft of water. Water was super clear. Biggest fish were the bows, with some pushing 17", but average around 13". Biggest Tiger was about 14". Biggest Cutt about 12". Brookies were all around 6". I'll give them another shot this fall and see how they are they are growing. It was just good to be back up there.

[Image: kolob-3.jpg][Image: kolob-2.jpg][Image: kolob-1.jpg]
[/url]

[url=https://ibb.co/MfzjJPR]
free pic hosting
(07-07-2020, 09:04 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Well, after a long recovery from the heart ache of Kolob being poisoned...I finally made it back up there after a year and a half. It was nice to be back up there, missed it. The family and I spent the whole weekend up there, and the weather was beautiful. The crowds however, were not so beautiful, lol. Busy, busy! Water is way up, which was nice to see. Ended up catching a ton of fish, mostly bows, but did manage some cutts, tigers and even little brookies. Flies of the trip were a simple, small brown simiseal balanced leech and a large bh hares ear. Action was shallow, in no more then 3ft of water. Water was super clear. Biggest fish were the bows, with some pushing 17", but average around 13". Biggest Tiger was about 14". Biggest Cutt about 12". Brookies were all around 6". I'll give them another shot this fall and see how they are they are growing. It was just good to be back up there.

[/url]

free pic hosting

Cool report and pics!

17-in 'bow... nothing to sneeze at Wink
"We fish for pleasure... I for Mine, you for yours."  -James Leisenring
(07-07-2020, 09:30 PM)Joe_Dizzy Wrote:
(07-07-2020, 09:04 PM)richyd4u Wrote: Well, after a long recovery from the heart ache of Kolob being poisoned...I finally made it back up there after a year and a half. It was nice to be back up there, missed it. The family and I spent the whole weekend up there, and the weather was beautiful. The crowds however, were not so beautiful, lol. Busy, busy! Water is way up, which was nice to see. Ended up catching a ton of fish, mostly bows, but did manage some cutts, tigers and even little brookies. Flies of the trip were a simple, small brown simiseal balanced leech and a large bh hares ear. Action was shallow, in no more then 3ft of water. Water was super clear. Biggest fish were the bows, with some pushing 17", but average around 13". Biggest Tiger was about 14". Biggest Cutt about 12". Brookies were all around 6". I'll give them another shot this fall and see how they are they are growing. It was just good to be back up there.

[/url]

free pic hosting

Cool report and pics!

17-in 'bow... nothing to sneeze at Wink
True...but when you are used to catching 20+ inchers up there on a regular basis, it's hard to get too excited...but they are definitely on the right track. Maybe in another 1-2 years we will start to see some of those again!