Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marine VHF Band Radio
Thumbs Up 
How many of you have a marine VHF band radio on board your vessel when your out fishing or other pleasure? I have been using one for many years and quite a few of my friends have one installed in there boats. Cell phones have there place with us all but if your in trouble on a lake it is only good as a single point contact. A marine band is monitored by many of those who have them and can provide help from many nearby in any case. These radios come in many price ranges which you don't have to break the bank to purchase including handheld. A dash mount is what I use with an 8' antennae. I prefer this type of band on the lake over a CB which in many cases some have them or both. 
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF
I have one on my boat as well but I never bother to turn it on, unless I know another BFT member is going to be out there and will have their radio on.
Considering that a hand-held can be obtained for under a hundred bucks, and it provides weather warnings as well as communication, I certainly plan to get one for my boat next year.

https://www.outsidepursuits.com/best-vhf...radio/#mhs
(07-11-2020, 02:30 PM)Bduck Wrote: How many of you have a marine VHF band radio on board your vessel when your out fishing or other pleasure? I have been using one for many years and quite a few of my friends have one installed in there boats. Cell phones have there place with us all but if your in trouble on a lake it is only good as a single point contact. A marine band is monitored by many of those who have them and can provide help from many nearby in any case. These radios come in many price ranges which you don't have to break the bank to purchase including handheld. A dash mount is what I use with an 8' antennae. I prefer this type of band on the lake over a CB which in many cases some have them or both. 

Hey Roger, Just an FYI, i was able to get mine working both ways since we looked at things that date. I will let you know more next time we talk in person or by phone.
Mark, I'll be looking fwd to our chat.
[Image: P3100003.jpg]
Harrisville UT
2000 7.3L F250 Superduty  '07 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Raymarine Element 9HV 4 Electric Walker Downriggers Uniden Solara VHF