Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mighty Weber!
I don't like the heavy flows, nor the tubes and rafts drifting by.  I would never go on a weekend.  
There were breaks, 7-10 minute breaks of no one in sight, leaving as long as 15 minutes to fish before pausing, or not, my casting.

Lots of bugs in the water.  Mayflies early, then a mix of mays and caddis, then heavy caddis after 6pm.  Fish were not working dries.  Nymphs and scuds on the bottom, under a bobber. Buggers took bigger fish but were harder to fish with the 530 cfs flow.

Good luck if you go and stay out of the water, it's flowing fast and pushing hard.
Odd they would have such high flows right now. Guess they must be getting an early start on dropping the lakes to winter pool, huh? Man I miss the Weber...I'll be up there next month, and the reunion will be GLORIOUS! Big Grin
Weber always gos up this time of year. One last irrigation run.
(08-05-2020, 04:17 PM)fishalot13 Wrote: Weber always gos up this time of year.  One last irrigation run.
400-600 cfs pretty typical this time of year below Echo. Go above Echo if you want to catch fish on something other than streamers and maybe worm patterns. Although I can usually get a big heavy tungsten bh prince nymph work as well. Got to get it down to were the fish are.
(08-05-2020, 04:17 PM)fishalot13 Wrote: Weber always gos up this time of year.  One last irrigation run.

Guess I'm always fishing the lower section after that, in late Sept or first of Oct. We would spend most of our time on the Coalville and Henefer sections in the late summer.